𝟮. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗲

3rd Person POV:

ᴄᴀᴍɪɴᴏ ᴄɪᴛʏ, ᴊᴀᴘᴀɴ

Murasaki blinked against the harsh yellow light, slowly regaining consciousness in an unfamiliar and foreboding setting

Murasaki blinked against the harsh yellow light, slowly regaining consciousness in an unfamiliar and foreboding setting. The muted clamour of indistinct voices mingled with the stale scent that hung in the air, creating an atmosphere that heightened her disorientation. She attempted to lift her arm to check for any wounds, but to her dismay, they were tightly restrained.

"Wake up, Murasaki. Don't you yearn to see your family?" a familiar, soft yet ominous voice spoke.

"Ugh-uhh... Who's there?" Struggling to gather her thoughts, she spoke in a groggy voice. However, a shiver ran down Murasaki's spine as she recognized it.

Struggling against the restraints, Murasaki attempted to examine her surroundings, but she was taken aback when a high-schooler with blonde pigtails leaned in close to her face, her yellow eyes piercing into Murasaki's dark pink orbs. 

"Hey there, I'm Toga Himiko! You must be Murasaki, right?" she giggled, her eyes illuminated by the yellow lights. "Shigaraki has told me so much about you, but he never mentioned how cute you are! I would have a blast slicing your pale skin and watching you bleed like a..." Toga's voice trailed off, interrupted by Shigaraki's angry outburst.

"Shut up, you lunatic! I was talking" Shigaraki yelled, clearly annoyed.

The man in the black and white suit said, "Yeah, you should be quiet for a moment, you psycho! The boss is speaking... Oh, that's not very nice of me, is it?" He appeared to be talking to himself, oblivious to his own behaviour. It was an odd sight to behold.

Murasaki couldn't help but wonder about the team Shigaraki was assembling. The dingy bar had unappealing saturated red brick walls, and an entire wall dedicated to displaying various alcoholic beverages. The members surrounding us seemed like a disparate group, lacking cohesiveness and resembling a poorly organized mob driven by chaos.

 The members surrounding us seemed like a disparate group, lacking cohesiveness and resembling a poorly organized mob driven by chaos

Bound to the chair, Murasaki's arms and legs were securely tied, a bandage wrapped around her head. The throbbing pain reminded her of the sustained injury, though it had somewhat subsided. Soon, fear tightened its grip on her.