𝟯. 𝗘𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗼𝗿

3rd Person POV:

ᴋᴀᴍɪɴᴏ ᴄɪᴛʏ, ᴊᴀᴘᴀɴ

It was 8 A.M. The sun had already risen, and the temperature was rising (especially in apartments). The air was still, and loud noises of cars and trucks could be heard outside.

Dabi opened his door to check on "Purple-Head", only to see her puffy eyes still closed.
"She must be crying all night," he thought. "Though, I couldn't care less..."

He proceeded to do 'The most strenuous task of the day'-making something to eat. 

He looked into his kitchen, only to find there were no groceries (as usual). He put his hoodie on and got ready. The windows were completely shut, and Dabi made sure not to keep anything in Murasaki's reach which could break them. He cuffed her hands to his bed without her even flinching. "God, she's sleeping like a pig..."  

About to leave, he remembered to put on her the quirk-jamming bracelet Shigaraki gave him. It was to neutralise her quirk. He quickly put it on her wrist, checked on her one last time, grabbed his wallet and left.

While walking down the road, making sure no hero saw him, his mind was occupied with thinking about what to make. It should be something easy, which doesn't take much time. Then something struck- he hadn't checked his wallet yet. He had to make sure he had money, or else there was no point in going.  

As expected, there was only dust in that thing. He also had to source cash now...and had a plan in mind. He stood around in a dark alley, away from patrolling heroes, waiting for a passerby. A guy wearing a red hoodie, chains and a brass knuckle in his hand walked past. Dabi did nothing but glare.

"What're you staring at, a**hole?" the guy snarled, forming a fist with metal nails coming out of his knuckles. 

 "Looking for a fight!?"

"And so what if I am? It's not like you can do anything about it, tough guy." Dabi said with a straight face. The guy slammed him against the cement wall with no difficulty (because Dabi wasn't trying). His forearm forbade the burnt man from moving. 

"Ay, careful with yo mouth there, or you're gonna look even more disgusting than you already do." The guy extended his nails out.  

"Yeah?" Dabi smirked. "And what're you gonna do?"

He grabbed the guy's neck and now was smoke coming out from there. The guy started to sweat, barely able to resist the heat. He went in for a punch, but Dabi landed a blast to his face before the other could reach. He fell to the floor, shaking like a leaf as blood traced his right cheek, going down his neck. 

"Now that you're more respectful...Let me tell ya something." Dabi planted his boot on the guy's neck, watching menacingly as he gasped for air. 

"As much as I hate doing this, I need all the cash you got," he told him apathetically.