12 | We're not friends

Start from the beginning

I shook my head. I knew this was the kind of friend Didi kept. The crazy ones always rolled together.

Hijab girl was with some chill looking dude, trying to speak to the boy who had Lade on a death grip.

"Listen guys," hijab girl spoke calmly, but there was a strict tone to her voice. "I don't care what your problems are. Take this outside or wait till the event is over before I call security."

I raised an impressed brow.

"Damn." Khalid's voice said behind me, just where Didi stood seconds ago. "My kind of girl."

When did he get here?

Without turning to look at him, I scoffed. "Thought you didn't have a type."

"I said kind not type."

Rolling my eyes at his words, I saw Lade and the other guy let go of each other, slowly, before shoving each other away.

Thank God. That was quick.

The boy straightened out his dress shirt, aiming a deadly glare at Lade. "Better watch your back."

"That's Kam," Khalid leaned in to whisper. "Lade's former best friend."

My head whipped around to face him. "Best friend?"

Khalid nodded confidently. "Long story bro. Long story."

Turning to stare at the boys again, I saw Lade's lips curve into an infuriating smirk.

"Or what would happen? You'd go tattling?" He goaded, standing big and proud with his imposing form. "Oh, I forgot you don't even have to balls to do so. You'll just go stew at a corner like the pussy that you ar-"

It was quick and fast, but one couldn't miss the totally expected punch that landed on Lade's jaw. The collision, causing him to stagger a bit.

Horrified gasp filled the little space we were in, same time Khalid's shocked voice let out.

"Oh shit!"

I looked around the small space. It was away from the main hall, just a curved hallway that led to the gallery's main offices.

Although it was secluded and secured by walls, anyone might see us. The same way Didi and I had seen them.

I let out an annoyed breath, this shouldn't escalate. Okay it should, if they wanted it to, but they should take it outside or wherever pleased them like the hijab girl had suggested. I couldn't have anyone ruining Mum's hard work.

Karen was by Lade's side in an instant, a frantic mess. Her hands shook as she took in his bursted bloody lips.

I scoffed. He didn't deserve her.

Lade stood, that smirk still stuck to his face as he took in the angry boy, who was being held back by the chill looking dude.

"I see you finally grew some balls." Lade continued taunting.

I knew his tactics. It was the same one he used at the boxing ring the few times I've been dragged there.