Caving in

"Alright, time for the first test." Said Enid with an enthusiastic smile as she put on some protection goggles. "Let's call this prototype...latrop? It's portal backwards. What's a good name for a portal device?"

Enid put a hand on her chin and began thinking of a cool name for her portal machine. Several candidates appeared in her mind, but only some appealed to her.

"Savior 1? Cause it's gonna save me from my life?" Said Enid before frowning. "Screw it, I'll name it later."

Enid then held a staff. A staff that was her portal machine. It was a fancy black and white stick connected to a Rubik's cube (colors: red, blue, green, yellow, white, black) that held the whole device's controls.

"Alright. Let's add the code for the human realm." Said Enid with a smile before quickly solving the cube and bringing the red side to her and pressing each red square once like a number key pad. "There we go, a relatively simple code for a relatively simple realm. Let's hope this doesn't get too complicated when i get to unsolved cubes and multiple sides."

Deciding to ignore the feeling of regret over her overly complicated system, Enid sighed before taking a deep breath. She held the staff in air and willed it to do its work.

All the cube's sides became clear and see through as it began projecting the portal. A working portal to the human realm. She was able to see the scenery of Gravesfield where Luz lived.

Enid's breathing quickened with excitement. She was so excited she forgot to throw in a test dummy first and extended her hand through the portal.

Her hand was fine and a smile grew on her face out of happiness. That happiness was short-lived, however.

The portal staff began shaking in Enid's hand. Enid turned to the device to find it breaking apart.

Her eyes widened as she realized the danger of the situation and threw the staff away before creating a barrier out of a nearby potion made for these situations.

The staff exploded and various magical liquids flew all over the room. Enid groaned.

"Why can it never just end?!" Enid yelled angrily as she lowered her barrier. "Ugh, what did i do wrong?"

She got up and approached the parts of the staff that were still intact and began making deductions.

"The energy source is good, the magic potions are good, the only thing that could've been faulty is the frame." Said Enid with a frown. "Was the material not strong enough to handle everything?"

Enid pouted. She lied on her back on the ground and began thinking.

"It's not enough to just be strong, it needs to not react with everything in the slightest." She narrowed her eyes. "What's super durable and can hold something that can break time and space without reacting with it?"

Enid thought and thought of any material that could serve this purpose, but alas, she couldn't think of anything.

"Ugh! If i just had titan's blood, i wouldn't need to go through all- wait, titan's blood! It's super reactive with some types of magic, and can break time and space. Then what holds titan's blood?" Titan's veins and arteries!"

With newfound vigor, Enid got up from the floor and pulled out a book with a map of the boiling isles.

"Everything loops back to you, doesn't it?" Said Enid narrowing her eyes as she glared at the drawing of the titan. "Now, which is better to get; part of the veins or the arteries?"