Villains

It was a dark night in Japan. A small army of men armed with both Quirks and guns filled an abandoned warehouse. Among them were a few particular freaks that stood out. They could only be the bosses to the many different goons filling the warehouse. One of them, a short man with a long and pointy nose, stepped forward. He was fat and wore a black suit with a top hat and a white shirt.

"Well now, isn't this just dandy? We expand our operations to Japan just hoping to make a little money, and Batman is still around to mess things up!" the short fellow complained. A cockney accent could be heard.

"Hey, I don't know why your complaining. It was my best guy that he took down. That sludge bastard had a very useful Quirk, but he just couldn't follow my damn orders and lay low." another man spoke. He spoke in a gravely voice and was genuinely terrifying to look at. He was tall, with the right half of his face burned off on one side, exposing his flesh. Upon looking at him, one might wonder how he was even still alive. He wore a white suit that was half burned black on the same side of his facial burns.

"Your guy got what he deserved for making such a big fuss in the first place! The night is only half over, and Batman's already put over a dozen of my men in the hospital!" the short man yelled. Next, a man with a mask seemingly stitched to his face walked over. It would be most appropriate to say he resembled a scarecrow.

"Yes, Penguin. Yes, Two-Face. Keep arguing. Keep complaining. That's going to stop Batman from taking down our dealers isn't it?" the scarecrow replied, sarcastically. He had tubes full of some strange liquid strapped to his chest. The tubes were connected to syringes on the fingers of his right hand. "Of course Batman followed us here from Gotham. With his greatest foes all gathering outside the city, there is no one left for him to combat but common thugs. He needs us. I have predicted and planned for his intrusion. The dealers and transporters he took down were mere decoys." the scarecrow said.

"Of course you're not mad, freak! None of your goods got confiscated tonight!" the Penguin spoke. He knocked over a nearby rack of miscellaneous items. They clattered on the floor as he wiped the sweat from his brow. "You call em' decoys, but they had drugs and guns on them that sell for good money, especially in Japan!" Penguin added.

"Sometimes to protect one's king, you must sacrifice a few pawns. Anything you have lost tonight will be more than reimbursed, once my new toxin hits the streets. After all, what villain wouldn't want a drug that strikes fear into any Hero that comes near it? Imagine the potential." the scarecrow explained. 

"This little investment better be worth it, Scarecrow. Japan ain't like Gotham; the laws are a lot stricter, and thanks to U.A. being nearby, it's littered with Heroes. Not to mention, it's a lot harder for us Americans to blend in here." Two-Face said, anxiously flipping a coin.

"Yeah, and speakin' of investments, why didn't the clown wanna get in on this? Maybe he thought of somethin' that we didn't." Penguin implied, aiming his umbrella at Scarecrow.

"On the contrary, I went to the self-proclaimed 'clown prince of crime' with my offer. Although, as I'm sure you're all aware, his interests regard causing chaos more so than making money..." Scarecrow began.

"In our business, we're better off keeping people in fear of failing us, rather than actually trustin' anybody. That applies to you, too. If this whole arrangement doesn't work out, you better hope that Batman gets to you first!" Penguin threatened, ominously.

"Hard to believe the Joker didn't want in on this. Something like this will change the entire balance of Heroes vs Villains." Two-Face said.

"Fools. I merely said that he was more interested in chaos than money. If you hadn't interrupted me, you would realize...Joker never said no." Scarecrow stated, eerily.