Walking Down The Aisle

Start from the beginning

“What? How come you never told me?” Her eyes clouded with more tears.

“We thought it would be Lilah because the moon goddess mated her to the Alpha. But right now, it doesn’t matter. What matters the most to me is your happiness.” He paused, and a small smile formed on his lips. “Today, I don’t want you to shed a tear. I want to see you happy.”

Lilah smiled and hugged her head with tears in her eyes. She wiped it off, gently. “I promise, Dad, I’ll be happy.

“Good, let’s go now. Conan would be waiting.” Rafael said, turning the doorknob.

He held her hand the way he used to when she was a child, leading her out of the room to the ceremony. Standing from a distance, Lilah’s eyes locked with Conan. He was in a black and white tux that hugged his body with had a red-rose bowtie. His head was down, staring at his black leathered shoes. She heard him heave in his breath as he shuffled nervously.

Lilah and Rafael stood at the end of the aisle, patiently waiting for everyone to calm down. Wolf blood from other packs, too, were present. They consisted mostly of prominent people around the world. The soft music played and Lilah took a step. Her heart raced while walking down the aisle. Their feet swept away the velvet-red roses scattered on the floor as Lilah and her dad walked down the aisle.

‘Why do I feel like I’m betraying Asher? Why does my heart still hurt this much? I have everything I need, everything I dreamt of, everything I ever wanted, and I don’t feel good. It’s my wedding. I won’t cry this day. Everyone is here to celebrate me.’ Lilah pushed away the negative thoughts that kept flooding. Pressing a pretty smile on her lips because Conan was watching. He, too, nervously smiled back at her with his eyes glittering as usual.

Asher was smoking on a pipe of weed. Sitting on the bare floor with a hand against his knee, bent at an acute angle. His head dropped in resignation as he remembered his last moments with Asena. He couldn’t stop thinking about her lately. He can’t stop thinking about her. If he didn’t, memories of her sister would flood in.

*Flashback *

Asena visited him a day before with his dinner. She spent the night with him as they lay in the soft, master-sized bed. Asher woke up, staring at how beautiful she was.

“How long have you been staring?” Asena asked, opening an eye half open to his. Her soft voice was cracky, but it came as a whisper.

“Just a while ago. You look prettier when you sleep.” He told her, rubbing a hand on her chubby cheeks. “Aww!” grunted in pain.

“Is everything okay?” She jerked out of bed.

“I wanted to watch you wake. I didn’t want to rush you, but I have to pee!”

“Like seriously?” Asena raised an eyebrow and chuckled. He flipped off the blanket, rushing into the toilet.

“I love you!... Ugh!” He screamed, moaning as he relieved himself.

‘How childish?’ Asena thought, climbing out of bed.

It’s the first time they spent the night together. Just cuddling and folding against each other through the night. She walked up to the mirror, wondering if she looked as good as she felt. It was two weeks before their wedding, everything didn’t just feel perfect. Everything feels right. The thought of Asher hovering over her. Burying his face in her hair as they slept made her stomach clench. Now she understood why meeting one’s mate is a great deal. It all blossoms.

“Admiring yourself?” Asher smirked, closing the toilet door.

“Not exactly, I... I was just-” Asena went speechless for a minute.