Phase Six: Wanning Crescent

I turned to see a dark silhouette approaching us, followed by the presence of 3 other entities behind. At every step they took towards us, the attire they were wearing gets more visible – black Hanbok and a cylindrical shaped Gat with wide brim. Although they're pretty much dressed the same as the other grim reapers, the Yang energy emitted from them are far more powerful.

Yet, I couldn't put a finger on what seems to be missing, "What a pleasant surprise... To what do I owe the pleasure of your presence, Sacheonwangun-nim?" I asked, before turning to Yong and assured her, "Don't worry, Yong. They're allies."

"Shamaness Byul... Circumstances have changed. We've been summoned to collect the souls here instead of the grim reapers because they don't possess enough Yang energy to cross dimensions." said the gentleman who stood in front as he removes his hat, revealing his bleached hair colour while the rest of gentlemen behind him mimic his actions to remove their Gats as well.

Then it occurred to me what was missing, "Ah... I was wondering why I couldn't identify you earlier. You didn't have your weapon in possession."

"That's part of the reason why we're here. But we'll save the explanations for later, since you've defeated the demon, this dimension will collapse anytime soon. We must hurry."

As soon as he finished his sentence, we could feel a tremor on our feet as the earthquake commenced, "Yong, follow me." I said while feeling déjà vu like how I used to walk her out of the labyrinth, but the only difference is I'm confident that she won't leave me this time. She picked up her box and followed closely behind me until we reached the entrance but before she could step out, a pillar fell in between us, and the impact caused the floor to vanish.

"B-Byul!" she yelled in distress.

"Yong, jump over." I instructed, but she wouldn't budge at all, in fact she scolded, "Are you crazy? Look at the gap, it's so wide. If I fall into it, I'll be gone forever!"

"No, you won't! This is all just an illusion created by the demon. Trust me, jump towards me and I'll catch you." I tried to persuade her, but she shut her eyes tightly, evading any eye contact from me, "Yong, look at me!"

I could see her peek through a small opening of her eyes, so I took the chance to hit my own chest, "See? No pain! It means you're not in danger, Yong! Jump!"

"I can't! I'm scared!!!" she yelled, and I could see tears trailing down her cheek.

Looking at Sacheonwangun quickly disappearing in the background along with the last of souls lurking in the building, I knew we had to get out of here otherwise we'll be trapped in this void forever. I jumped over to her side and held her face, "Yong, look at me... Don't see what's around you and just focus on me."

She slowly opened her eyes and I nodded with a smile to encourage her bravery, "That's good... You're doing a good job, Yong." With seconds remaining, I kissed her forehead which startled her a little, but I had to do it to distract her from fear which surprisingly worked.

Then I used the remaining ounce of my energy and pushed her out the entrance as the final gap is closing in on us, but I made sure to give her an instruction before we bid our farewell, "Yong... Remember... Call me... Call my name!"

.

.

.

I jolted up and find myself lying in a middle of a lawn. I got up and looked around thinking it was all just a dream, until I accidentally kicked a box with a talisman on it, "Oh no... It wasn't a dream... Byul? Where are you?"

Observing my surrounding, I can no longer see the apartment that I used to live in. I was rather shocked to find an abandoned factory before me and realised the patch of lawn I was standing on was in fact a plot of cemetery. Could this be what Byul meant when she said she'll show me? But where is she? I have endless questions in my mind, but I know I had to look for her first if I want some answers.