Chapter Twenty-Nine: Two Is Better Than One

(Make sure you check out my book besties, bvmchloe update after this one!)

Hazel POV:

Getting Mila off the plane was the easy part. Getting her into her carseat is the challenge I'm currently facing. She keeps insisting that she's a big girl, and can ride in the car by herself. I'm trying to be patient, but it's hot as hell out here. "Mila Era Thomas, you get your hiney into that car right now, or we'll head back home without seeing Briella!" I finally snap after standing in this hot parking garage for the past ten minutes.

My pea looks up at me through watery eyes and plops herself down on her butt. Guilt hits me right in the chest, making me lift Mila up into my arms. She burrows her face into my neck while I rock her. "Mama's sorry for snapping at you, pea. Can you get in the car now, please?" A tiny nod is what I get in answer. Kai, who's sitting in the middle seat, helps me buckle her. Sighing, I straighten up out of the backseat, then open the passenger side door to hop in.

The air conditioning is on full blast, hitting my slightly sweaty face right away. "Hotel, and then we'll head to Camden and Scarlett's house after Mila has a nap." Theo and I completely agree on the nap part. Hopefully, she won't be too excited. That hope is diminished the second I open our hotel room door, and Mila starts bouncing over everything. Somehow, she ended up on top of the coffee table. She's shaking her little booty to a made up song she's singing.

"Mila, can you get down from that table?" I ask, my arms crossed over my chest. She shakes her head and continues to do her wiggle. Reaching up, I rub the frustration out of my eyes, then head to the first of the two rooms in this hotel. Kai and West are sharing one, while Theo, Mila, and I are sharing another. Which means that there will be no adult time between my husband and I on this small vacation.

"Ladybug, get down now and go find Mama, so she can change that stinky bum!" Theo demands from the living room. Not even a second later, Mila runs into our room. She climbs her way on top of the bed, then lays flat on her back with her legs spread. "Miwa pewpie." She kindly tells me as I retrieve a diaper and some wipes out of her diaper bag.

"I know, I can smell it." Chuckling, I strip off her shorts and get to work changing her diaper. "You nearly blew this one out." Goodness, this child stinks to high heavens. As soon as Mila is only in her crop top and clean diaper, she takes off into Kai and West's room to go bother them. They're cuddled up on the bed together while looking at something on Kai's phone.

"Brobbers! Miwa es hewe!" She announces as she runs her chunky self into the room. "Aren't you supposed to be taking a nap?" West questions as he helps Mila up onto the bed. I watch as she begins to jump, startling her 'brothers'.

"Come on, pea. Let's go get some milky and have some quiet time." If I thought my words would work, I was sadly mistaken. Mila shakes her head at me, then continues to bounce. I'm tired and just want to take a nap, so I'll let Theo deal with this one. Making my exit from the room, I walk off to find Theo. He's in our room unpacking our suitcases. "Can you come tame your toddler?" I ask him.

Theo's eyes meet mine and he chuckles, standing up to go get Mila. I can hear them arguing from the other room. "Nu, Dada! Chu gu take nap!" I can almost picture her stomping her tiny, chubby foot while she argues with my husband. "Mila, you get your tiny butt in that room, drink some milk, and take a nap!" Theo argues right back. Eventually, Mila says something that makes me run into the room. "Nu, fwuck chu!"

As soon as I step into the room, I see Mila pointing at Theo. He silently scoops her up into his arms and carries her into our room. Without a word, he sets her down in the corner, then says, "You sit right there with your nose to the wall. That was a naughty word and you know better." The water works start almost instantly. Mila's shoulders shake pitifully as she cries. The sound is almost silent, but I harden my heart against it. She needs to learn that we don't tolerate swear words from our sweet baby girl.