chapter 001- plans

when eddie is walking down the school's corridors, he suddenly hears someone call his name. he turns around and sees dustin waving at him and smiling. he comes up to him and dustin asks if he wants to grab lunch together. eddie agrees and they go to the school cafeteria where mike is waiting for them. they sit down and start eating when dustin speaks up, 'hey eddie, i was thinking of inviting you to our movie night today. it's friday, so we don't have to wake up to school tomorrow and i also wanted you to finally talk to steve-'

he is cut off by eddie 'steve? really? you want me to talk to steve 'the hair' harrington? no way i'm doing this' eddie says and starts eating his food again.

'eddie please, can you do it for me? i'm not saying you have to be best friends, just get to know him, he's a really nice guy, trust me' dustin says to eddie who looks up at him. he sighs and says 'okay fine henderson'. 'yay!! thank you so much' dustin says with a big smile on his face.

after school dustin goes to 'family video' where steve works. he walks in and sees robin placing some VHS tapes in the horror movie section. 'hey rob!' dustin says as he comes up to her. 'oh hi dustin' she replies with a smile, 'where's steve?' dustin asks looking around the store. 'oh he's in the backroom, wait' robin says and then yells 'steve your kid is here!'.

after less than a minute steve comes through the door and dustin walks up to him. 'hey, what are you doing here?' steve asks the younger boy. 'i'm here to ask you something. do you wanna come to tonight's movie night? with me, max, lucas, mike, will and el. we could also ask robin if she wants to come' dustin says. 'yeah okay, i can come' the older boy replies and dustin immediately has a big smile on his face.

'oh and also eddie will come, i want you guys to finally talk to each other' dustin says and steve looks at him again. 'eddie? as in the eddie munson?' he asks and dustin nods. 'oh i'm not sure if i wanna come now' steve says and dustin's smile drops. 'oh come on, he's a really cool and funny guy, i'm sure you'll get along' he says. 'okay fine but only if robin will come' steve responds looking at robin.

'what do you think rob? movie night with our favourite children?' steve says and robin replies 'yeah, why not. but where are we meeting up?'. both robin and steve look at dustin who has to think for a minute. 'what about your house, steve?' he says, 'why mine? can't we go to mike's or yours?' the older boy says. 'definitely not mike's because nancy is doing some kind of sleepover with her friends and my mum is home tonight so mine's not fine either' dustin replies and steve looks at him with an annoyed look. 'fine we can go to my house' steve responds and dustin hugs him saying 'thank you!'.