The Duke and An Opportunity.

As he turned around, the figure of a morbidly obese man came into view, sitting behind a table of some sorts. Crap, he thought. Y/N had no clue who this person was, but judging by the fact he was just chilling here before, he was assuming this man was with the Dimitrescu Family. The man, as expected, was the one to break the awkward silence between them. 

"I've been expecting you, Mister L/N," he said in a tone Y/N didn't recognise as a negative one. 

"W-What? Who the hell are you?" Y/N asked in his fear, to which the man chuckled. "How do you even know my name?"

"Anyone who is anyone has heard of the tragic story you hold," The man responded, which confused Y/N.

"Then I suppose not many are anyone according to that."

"You'd be surprised if you found out that more people than you think know about you."

"I'm finding it really suspicious how you know that. In fact, how can you just peacefully chill here when those psychopaths are around?"

"Some things are best left unsaid. Though, I can tell you that I am but a humble merchant."

"Jeez, you must be really reliable if they have a whole room for you," Y/N remarked, remembering the name of this room. "But mind answering another question of mine by telling me who you are?"

"Oh, forgive my manners, call me the Duke. Now to business."

"Business?"

"Weapons, ammunition, healing salves – Anything you desire, I can provide."

"So you're like some kind of neutral merchant in a video game?" 

"Indeed I am."

"Well, I'm desiring a way out of here right about now, so provide that for me and I'll be happy." 

"Oh, I can only give you information on that matter. Free of charge, of course."

"Let's hold off on that for now. Can I see what you're selling?" Y/N asked, thinking about buying a gun and something to help heal his new wounds. 

"Of course!" And with that, he took out a few large bags that seemed to be packed to the brim, probably neatly organised for efficiency purposes. The Duke opened them, revealing things like handguns and shotguns, first aid meds, and ammo. Y/N also noticed decorations and possible things there to upgrade those guns. He looked up at the Duke, who smiled at him and said in an odd accent, "What're ya buyin? — Haha, just something an old friend of mine used to say," He added at Y/N's confused look. Y/N looked back down at the items on sale, which had tags on them revealing their price, which was in Lei. The "LEMI" was 7300 Lei, and it then dawned on Y/N the flaw in his plan; he had no money. 

"I, er, have no money to buy these things..." He sadly stated, to which the Duke chuckled at again.

"I also buy things from my customers, and that sword looks valuable. From the Moroaica down in the dungeons, correct?" Y/N looked at him with another bewildered facial expression.

"Is that what those monsters down there are called? The... Moru- Mora- More-"

"The Moroaica, yes," the Duke corrected for him. At least he knew what he massacred down there! "It seems you had quite the time down there with all that blood on you, but did you collect any of their crystal skulls?"

"Crystal skulls?"

"Did you not know? The Moroaica will crystallise and sometimes leave their remains behind."

"Damn, must've missed it."

"I will gladly wait for you to go back down and collect the skulls."

"Would my sword be enough to get that handgun, though?"