I open a big smile and chase after him, his screams of laughter echoing and we end up playing tag throughout the entire house. It's funny how this was supposed to be filled with guns and badass people but instead, it's just another house, if seen only on the surface.

I leave his stuff somewhere while running and I can't stop laughing when he surrenders, waving a bathroom towel as a sign of peace. 

My little brother is something else. 

"Alright, let's watch some movies and eat popcorn?" I say out of breath, leaning against the wall of the hallway, and the smile that Sammy opens gives me the response I thought I would hear. 

"There is chocolate?" His eyes challenge me, big green eyes orbs staring right into my soul and when I nod, they light up. I always feel lighter with him around, the innocence of a child sometimes is all we need, "Me choose the movie!"

"It's I, not me, gummy bear." He chooses not to listen to me, shutting both of his ears with his fingers and I roll my eyes. 

"Let's go." I run towards him one last time, taking him in my arms and his scream is loud, followed by a much louder laugh. I can't help but laugh as well, letting all the problems far away from my mind, even if it's for a short period of time.

We end up on the sofa, a huge bowl of popcorn in the middle that with luck I didn't burn in the microwave, and another bowl full of different chocolates that Kayla bought for him. Sammy already said he would kiss her on the cheek in return. 

Toy Story 3, it's his choice and I watch it while running my hands through his hair, already suffering that he will need to leave later today. 

I swallow back the tears and focus on the feeling of having him here, with me. 

Someday it will be like this every day, it's what I hold on to. 

"Hey, Lina

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Hey, Lina." Someone whispers while rubbing my arm and I let out a groan. The nap was so good that I didn't want to wake up, not now, "Wake up, c'mon." 

I curse as I open my eyes in the clarity and when I focus on the person that is ruining all the fun, I close them again and tuck myself even more into the blanket.

"Let me sleep, Kayla. Sammy is entertained watching movies here, Damien doesn't even want to talk to me, it's not like I have much to do." 

She rips the blanket off me and I curse for a second time under my breath, fully awake now and pissed. 

"Your brother already left, Lina." Her words ring in my head and when I look at where he was sitting next to me, all there's left it's an empty space and his favorite teddy bear. My heart starts thundering in my chest but Kayla realizes my scare and completes right after, "Your aunt came to take him, about thirty minutes ago. I was downstairs and took Samuel to her. He didn't want to wake you so he left his toy, to keep you company. He is adorable."