Chapter 37.

Sophia's condition hadn't gotten any better. She would refuse to eat or drink, and became a lot less social. Her mind my completely distant with her body.

Luke, Ashton, and Calum came with me to visit her.

"Hey Sophia" Calum said happily waving at her.

She shot him a glance.

"Oh, um how are you" Calum said.

"I'm fine" she said flatly.

The rest of us stayed there for until visiting time was over doing mad lips and contemplating Fall Out Boy lyrics (that seemed to be the only thing Sophia wanted to do.)

"Hey Ashton, can you promise me you wont hurt Kate" Sophia said randomly.

"Ya of course, why do you bring the up?" Ashton said.

She ignored him.

"Luke, do you promise not to hurt Alex?" She asked.

"Absolutely, I never would" he said looking at Sophia than at me and smiling.

There was a knock at the door.

It was Sophias parents.

"We need you to sign some papers" Sophias mom said.

She handed them to Sophia.

"What... hey you are the one who needs to sign these not me" Sophia said.

"Ha fat chance where signing all of those" he dad laughed "just fake it"

After arguing and having to bring in a nurse they stopped fighting.

"God I hate them so much" she said.

Sophia didn't say anything else for the rest of the day we were there.

●~●~●~

For the most part the guys had been avoiding Michael.

Luke yelled and kicked at him. Calum texted him. Ashton punched him in the face.

I was guessing he probably felt really horrible right now. And he deserved all of it.

Tonight was just going to be a girls night in with my Aunt Jennifer to get things of our minds.

Doing our nails, talking about guys, watching super sad romantic movies.

"So what color do you want" my Aunt asked pulling out her huge case of nail polish.

"Do you have black or light shades of gray" I questioned.

"I have gray" she said tossing it at me.

"Kate what do you want?" She smiled.

"I'll have light blue" she said.

I can't imagine the stress my Aunt has had to go through this year. First with me, then going to the hospital, having two more teenage girls move into her house, then everything that happened to Sophia's.

"Hey, I just wanna thank you. For everything that you have done for my Aunt Jennifer" I said smiling awkwardly towards her.

"Well sweetheart you have to deal with what life gives you, and life gave me three amazing girls who I love to take care of. Even if they have ups and downs." She said.

We ended up watching Mean Girls and constantly threw pieces of popcorn at the TV to signify our emotions towards the dumb, idiotic characters.

"No! You being stupid" Kate shouted.

"What the hell sex can't kill you!" My Aunt laughed.

"Oh my god, Glen CoCo is actually pretty cute" I would say.

●~●~●~

"You know I wish Sophia was here" Kate said when the movie ended "it's just not fare, she doesn't deserve this"

It was quite for awhile.

"We have to deal with what life gives us, you just have to know life gets better, and there is life after high school, don't worry to much about it" my Aunt said hugging Kate.

My Aunt had never been a mother before. She had always wanted children but her body just couldn't do it. She has had 7 miscarriages in the past 2 year's.

"While I'm going there yo go to bed" my Aunt said "literally scream if you need anything" she laughed.

"Haha okay, we probably should go to bed to, we got school tomorrow" I said punching Kate in the arm.

"Ow why did you do that" she said rubbing it.

"No reason" I smiled.

●~●~●~

"You are having pleasant dreams about Luke" I said sleeping to myself.

I was woken up by the sound of my house phone ringing.

I sleepily picked it up "Hello?" I asked.

"Is this the Jackson residence?" I soft light voice said.

I sat up turning on the light.

"Ya, why" I questioned.

"I regret to inform you" her voice paused "that Patient 105, Sophia Mess, has died earlier tonight"

I felt my entire body strike up. My hand flew to my mouth. Tremendous sobs became coming out of my mouth, think wet tears began streaming out of my eye's.

"I'm sorry" then the voice clicked off.

I cried out, sobbing. Rocking back and forth.

"No this isn't happening, it's not real, she is actually fine right now" I said to myself.

My tears began to come faster, denser, and hotter.

My whole face swelled up like a rain using helium.

And then I screamed.

And I screamed again, and I kept screaming until someone came in.

"What! What is it" My Aunt said.

"Must you scream at 3:00 in the morning Alex" Kate said rubbing her head then noticed my shaking "Woah what the fuck happened.

I was still clenching the phone. My mouth wouldn't open to speak. I just threw the phone, and watches as it resemble my body, breaking and turing into a million small pieces.

~●~●~

Song: Better Off Dead by: Sleeping with Sirens