Jack dropped.

“What was that all about?” Lilah queried. Pissed, about how she acted at the club.

It was embarrassing.

“Talk to me, Elie!” Eliana didn’t mutter a single word, but with how hard she held the staring, one could tell how furious she was.

The car came to a halt after overtaking tons of cars. Lilah gazed through the window slightly opened window and realized that they were already at her apartment.

“I shouldn’t have gone out today.” Her shoving voice whispered in regret.

“It’s okay. Everything would be fine. Just calm down.”

“Good night, Lee.”

Lilah had a lot to say. She just buried it in her chest. “Good night, Elie. I will check on you tomorrow.”

She whooshed out a heavy breath through her mouth and stepped down from the white jeep.

Eliana turned her car in a quick swerve into the dark road. A screeching sound escapes the tires, blowing out Grey smoke from its exhaust pipe.

“Drive carefully,” Lilah muttered to herself, watching her friend’s car disappear down the dark road. She walked into her parents’ house and gently closed the door. It was dark and silent.

“Thank goodness.” Lilah heaved a breath of relief, locking the door from within.

“Where are you coming from, little cub?”

It frightened Eliana to the sound, rolling her eyes. She knew who it was before turning.

“A clubhouse.”

“With whom? Don’t tell me it’s another guy.” Benita knotted her slim eyebrows, standing at akimbo. In a white, flowing nightgown like a ghost, lurking in the darkness.

“It’s Eliana.” Lilah pointed out. Exhausted from her mum's interrogation.

“You need to be careful with that friend of yours. Why was she driving like that?”

Lilah turned upstairs with no reply.

“You would get married in six days. Be careful with everything, okay?” Benita warned.

“Bang!” She slammed her door and tiredly jumped to bed.

Eliana got home and packed her car in front of her apartment. Just then, she noticed his black Volkswagen beside the road.

An exasperated sigh escaped from her as she avoided the hysteria burning down her lungs. Eliana pulled out of her jeep and quietly locked it.

Jack dragged his feet, watching her.

“Eliana!”

He called and only the sound of the echoing silence replied to him. His shirt was unbuttoned, and it stained his white singlet with blood from the beating. Eliana didn’t care.

She proceeded to the door with focus and jammed the door to his face. She walked to her room. Took off her clothes in one grip and stepped into the bathtub. Eliana turned on the cold shower as the chilly water covered her entire body. Melting down the heat.

Ice moon,” Lilah said my destiny was an ice moon, but this feels the opposite. ‘What stupid readings. And stupid makeover!’

She bit the lower part of her lips in anger until it bled. The pain engulfed her, till she suddenly tore up into tears. ‘I hate him so much. Why would he disgrace me in front of everyone? After what he did. He deserves more beatings.’ Her body quivered in the cold shower, but deep down, she was still boiling.