The Start of the Ship

Hey guys! This is like a quick little authors note. I have never written a fanfiction before and I figured I would give it a try. I found an Au on tumblr that I just needed written. Also this first chapter is kind of short,but in the future I am going to try and make them longer. If you're reading this then thanks :) and please leave a comment.

"I am sorry but the hottest celebrity is definitely Channing Tatum!" Hailey exclaimed; her blonde ponytail swung back and forth with the shaking of her head.

"What are you even talking about? Alex Gaskarth is the hottest." Laura supplied. She was slightly biased though. Today she was wearing three All Time Low wristbands.

"I'm sorry but-"

"I'm sorry ladies but both of you are wrong. Darren Criss is the hottest. End of discussion." Tyler said interrupting the quarreling students.

"Hello Mr. Oakley." They replied. Tyler was fine with his students calling him by his first name, but they seemed to prefer the formal title. When they were joking around, they used his first name. And they were always joking around.

"Hello Everybody! Today I want you guys to start on a new project. I want you guys to try and convey an emotion through your art. You can choose whatever medium you want just make it cool. All art is good art." Tyler laughed and leaned against his desk. His desk had his computer which was covered in random stickers he had collected since college, a large pile of his sketchpads that were filled to the brim, a variety of pictures he had been given from students, and a thing of ranch dressing. It had become a joke with all of his students. You didn't get Tyler an apple; you got him a ranch dressing bottle. It was strange, but then again so were his students and him.

He loved letting his students run free in the studio. They were always changing their minds until their final artwork was a mesh of ideas that had come about from messing around in the workspace. He walked over to his computer and pulled up his perfectly constructed Spotify. The first song that came on was by One Direction. He heard a groan from the back of the room, but they knew better than to say anything at this point. Tyler would defend One Direction to the death.

"So what color are you going to dye your hair next Tyler?" Sam asked with an interested expression. Her hair was dyed light pink at the moment, so the two often consulted hair styles and colors in general.

"I'm not sure yet. I'm kind of feeling the purple vibe for a bit longer" he said. He knew he didn't have conventional relationships with his students, but he couldn't bring himself to care. He cared about all of them, and he wanted to make sure they enjoyed the classes he taught. Art is about expression, and Tyler wanted his students to always feel like they could express themselves.

Tyler was resisting the urge to go over to his desk and start sketching. He was feeling some serious inspiration. His hands were actually starting to twitch a little bit. Unfortunately, the screen printing machine wasn't working, and he needed to fix that as soon as possible. Zack needed it for his project and wasn't afraid to be vocal about how much he wanted Tyler to hurry up and finish fixing it. Tyler wouldn't have been surprised if it was Zack who groaned at One Direction. He was a bit of a snot.

When he got back from fixing the machine, someone was waiting for him. Troye Sivan was standing in his classroom. The urge to run to his desk and sketch sort of floated away. Tyler couldn't help but stare at how incredible Troye looked today. His blue collared shirt matched his eyes, and his hair was done into its perfect quiff. Tyler could have swooned. The urge to sketch was coming back, but now he wanted to sketch the perfect human in front of him. Who wouldn't want to sketch him? He was gorgeous. At this point Tyler was realizing how awkward the situation was.

"Hi." Tyler said trying to sound nonchalant. He was usually good with talking to cute guys, but Troye Sivan was his weakness.

"Hey?" Troye said while trying not to laugh at the other teacher's dorky behavior.

"Hi." Tyler realized how dumb he sounded and immediately blushed. "So uh what brings you here?"

"Tape." Troye said with a smug grin. Tyler did not appreciate the cocky lil shit in front of him. How dare he be that attractive? Like no thanks, stop that or at least let me stare without giving me that stupid smirk. Ugh cute boys were the worst.

Tyler found the tape and threw it at Troye trying to look cool for the other boy. Troye fumbled with it in the air before it clattered to the floor. Tyler flinched at the sound. The silence that fell on the room was extremely awkward. Tyler had never been really sporty, so he should have known not to throw anything. He gave Troye points for even trying to catch his terrible throw. Troye picked it up, muttered a thanks, and walked out of the room. When the door shut Tyler let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his hair. He always humiliated himself in front of the younger teacher. Ever since the day Troye started teaching, and Tyler hugged him even though Troye was clearly holding his hand out for a hand shake. That day still haunted him. He was always messing up around Troye. The boy never seemed to mind too much, but it was extremely embarrassing anyways.

"You look a bit blushy Tyler." Laura said with a teasing smile. She had noticed her teacher's flustered demeanor. He was fidgeting with the end of his shirt and kept fixing his hair. Also his face was bright red.

"Do not come for me. Okay?" Tyler said frustrated. After that the three girls in the front started whispering. Tyler was extremely suspicious of them. They were always up to no good. Also he knew for a fact that they were Tumblr kids. He knew from experience that people on Tumblr were never normal; he himself had like four blogs.

"The last names don't really work do they." Sam whispered.

"How about Tye?" Hailey asked.

"No that's dumb. Troyler" Laura proclaimed causing the entire room to look up. "Troyler is the official ship name of Tyler and that music teacher Troye."

"Awe that's cute"

"I ship it"

"They would be the hottest couple ever."

"Y'all better calm down because I barely ever even talk to Troye. Also I am your teacher so you should respect me. Please and thank you." Tyler said in an exasperated tone. He couldn't believe his students just shipped him with another teacher. He thought you had to be famous to be shipped with someone else. Apparently not. His cheeks flared when he thought about what Troye would think about Troyler. He would probably be disgusted at the thought of dating Tyler. Troye was smooth, sarcastic, and hilarious; Tyler on the other hand was a sassy, clumsy, and awkward mess. Why would Troye like someone like him?

"I still ship it." Laura whispered.