Chapter Seventeen

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:

IDIOTS

Andrea had thrown the offer, now the ball was in Sevika's court, whether she would bite or not. The brunette watched as the older woman weighed it over. She knew what she was suggesting was tempting, so she had a good feeling about this. However, if there was one thing she had learned from Silco and Sevika was to expect everything and to always prepare for unfortunate scenarios.

"Gotta admit, kid, you really know how to serve a dilemma." Sevika finally said, crouching down a bit to hook an arm under Andrea as she helped her stand up. The young woman simply smiled pridefully. Nothing could compare to the feeling of holding something over other people. Over being the one in power. Of course right now she wasn't one hundred percent on the dominant side, she was still in danger, but she could fool herself a tiny bit.... or else she would panic.

No good in her losing her calm now.

Sevika let go of her when she was sure she could balance herself in her own two feet, even though she staggered a little over her right side. She had probably damaged her leg today, put more strain than usual. Running and parkouring where definitely a big no no for having a metal leg. They were possible sometimes, but did they hurt like a bitch.

After that small act of kindness from Sevika's side, they started talking bussiness.

-

It has to be said that Ekko always took into account what Andrea told him. He would never allow anyone to doubt his trust in her judgement. He knew she tried so hard to make this right, to help him and Zaun, to make up for her mistakes and make all those they had lost proud.

So, when he had Vi taken out of her 'cell'( which was basically just a place where they held people who wished them harm and it was mostly used by Andrea, then the people simply disappeared) he did it with Andrea's words in mind. He would not budge unless his interrogation proved that she was not a threat. Which was kind of going against Andrea's words, her realized now that he had Vi in front of him.

Vi, in the flesh. All bark and bite like always. He remembered how he would stare at the memorial they had painted, oh, how he had missed all of them. The boy had caught Andrea staring at it too, which was something unusual since she avoided the thing like her life depended on it. It was so unusual that he had sat down and watched her till she left, she was staring at it for hours without moving, or crying, or anything like that.

In fact, he never saw Andrea cry, except for when he told her that Vi was in fact dead.

"No, she isn't." she had said, her eyes already brimming with tears. And she continued to insist on the fact till she asked him to leave her alone. He did as he was told and when he came back Ekko found the room ruined and her gone.

Doesn't Andrea want her back now? He knew she did too. Therefore, he had to try, because if there was a chance he could have his older sister back, and heal some of Andrea's pain, he would take it. He would grab it with bleeding hands if he had too, and he would never let it go.

For the family.

"It's me. Vi. Same person who used to take you down to the junk heap and hose you down when you got covered in grease! Get Andy, she'll-"

"Andy said not to trust you. She will bite my head off if she finds out we are even discussing anything at the moment." Ekko confessed, watching the angry look in her feature being replaced with a disbelieving one. A betrayed one.