“Aw... I’m so sorry about that. I didn’t know.”

“No problem. It’s been four years now. I’ve moved on.” he muttered, with a half smile on. “What about you? Anything interesting? The last I remembered, you dated Josh instead of me.”

“C’mon, you dated those anthropoids... Claire and Sandra, then! You had all the surrounding girls. Don’t blame me if I had eyes for Josh.”

Lilah noticed his hazelnut eyes staring at her outfit and smiled a little, but she said nothing. Eliana and Kelvin seemed to be close childhood friends.

“Excuse me.” Lilah cut into their conversation." I’d like to use the ladies. I’d be right back."

“Oh, Lee! Don't go.” Eliana whined like a child with pouted lips. She rolled her eyes, wondering if they were boring her already.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back in no time.” She beamed a smile at her. “Have fun.”

Lilah grabbed her purse, squeezing her way into the crowd. There were a couple of pole dancers in the middle of the club and some men, old enough to be their uncles and grandfathers, cheering them up.

However, Jack was worried. The man couldn't concentrate at work. Jack did not expect to have visited Lucian’s mansion with his uniform still on, but he did. He studied all about werewolves on the internet to know more. They were a hot-blooded animal and had a temper. He didn’t want to associate with such people, let alone get married to one. But she spared his life. She didn’t kill him when he tried to. That was something rare. Even humans would have reacted and attacked him at once. Why was she silent? He wanted to know.

Jack dialed her contact for hours, and she turned off her phone. They locked the house while he dropped by. He waited, determined to meet with her. Later, Maria came back from the shop. She remembered vividly, that he once dropped her daughter off with his black Volkswagen.

“Hello, Mrs.” He walked up to meet Maria.

“Nice to meet you. Is everything alright?” Maria asked, gazing at him from his Sheriff's hat to his boots. “How can I help you?”

“I need to see Eliana.” he blurted.

“Is everything alright?”

“How long will it take for her to get back?” Jack asked, tapping the nape of his neck. The thought sent a thrill through him.

“I’m not sure. She’s busy with her friend’s wedding preparations. She might be home late. Have you dialed her number?”

“Yes.” Jack's face scrunched in deep concentration

“Do you want to come in? Would you like to leave a message?” Maria asked, worried.

“No, I’ll just wait outside.” He smiled.

‘Tap-Tap-Tap!’

He gently knocked on the front door.

‘Tap-Tap-Tap!’

Maria, who was about to enter the kitchen, answered the door.

“Oh, you’re still around?”

Jack tilted his head in her direction, with his light-green Panama hat on.
“Yes... I just wanted to leave a message. I’ll check on her tomorrow.” He replied respectfully.

“You don’t look settled. How are you related to my daughter?”

“She’s my... Girlfriend?” His voice was relatively deep and a little hoarse.

“Do you know about her pregnancy?”

“Yes. She told me. I’m sorry that happened. I should have introduced myself earlier.”