26

For some reason, both Francis and I had a jolt of energy all day. Alfred and Matthew asked lots of questions about our past, and we even showed them old uniforms. They spent all day in there, and when we told them we were going out, they didn't care much. Matthew kept reading the journals all day, and Alfred kept messing around with all the little trinkets we'd collected through the years. Radios, cassettes, compasses, maps, you name it we had it, and he was amazed by it.

I'm sure they were going to spend lots of time there. "Just make sure you put everything back and please be careful with the sharp stuff," I warned them. They both gave me a thumbs up as Francis and I watched them from the doorway.

Francis and I looked at each other and both nodded to each other to start leaving.

"Let's go to dinner first. You like Greek food?" He asked. I nodded at him and he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the car.

He began to drive us to this nice restaurant and we were able to get a nice table that was a little secluded. "Wow, how romantic," I smiled at him. "Well, I try my best," he laughed.

"Who would have guessed we would make it this far into the future?" I smiled.
"Not me, definitely; a lot of interesting things happened"
"What's been your favorite invention?"
"The camera," he smiled.
"And you?"
"Same!!!"
"What's the craziest?"
"Toilets..... wow..... they used to suck... and you?"
"Air conditioning took me a little bit to figure out," I laughed.

We giggled at the stuff we said, "you know... we both lived through lots of tragedies and casualties, but I think we've got to experience amazing things. From the earth being round, to seeing pictures of space and the moon landings... then experiencing music and movies and technology..... it's been amazing, honestly," I admitted. "Don't even get me started on dinosaurs!!!" Francis spoke excitedly.

"Yeah, exactly..... living this long has been a blessing and a curse," I smiled.

We were able to order our food, and as we waited, we continued to talk a lot. "Oh yeah... that picture in your wallet... Do I even need to ask?" Francis laughed. I felt my cheeks get red, and I shook my head. "You were a cute hippie... I loved it so much. One of my favorite pictures of you... I didn't want it to just go into another album with the old ones," I smiled.

Francis then began to take out his wallet and proceeded to show me a picture of me...but it was a picture from me in the forties. "Ahhh, that's only one, I have another," he admitted. Francis went through his wallet and showed me another. It was the other picture we took the same day as the one I had of him. I was sitting on the bed looking at the picture of us, with piercings and black clothing on.

"You know, I was very stylish back then," I laughed. "You still are....but now you dress like an old man," he laughed. "Well... I am an old man!" I laughed.

When the food arrived, we let each other try our food, and we continued to talk some more. Things we did while we were away from each other. How we adjusted to the new things, and then we talked about life before.

"I'm glad my brothers forced me to play with you..... I was such a rotten kid and always mean to you... But I think deep down it was because I was either in love with you or wanted to be you," I laughed. "Hmmm... I think that maybe I've always just loved you," Francis admitted to me.

The music that was playing in the building was very romantic. Francis put his chin on the palm of his hand and continued to stare at me lovingly. "What is it?" I asked, blushing. He shook his head and continued to smile. "I'll tell you later," he spoke.

The dinner was amazing... And now the second part of the date that Francis and I were looking forward to was next. He took up to a nice park near our house, and it was special because not only is it the place where I met Alice, but it was still the "holidays," so lights were all around. It was cold because it was January, but we wore warm clothes.

We began to walk beside each other, and he put his hand inside my coat pocket with mine to hold my hand. "So, why were you looking at me so much in the restaurant?" I asked. We stopped by a bench and began to take a seat. "Well.... I was just admiring you, Arthur..."

"Pfft.... You are just sweet talking me."
"I'm serious... I adore you so much..."

I felt my cheeks get hot, and he placed his cold hand on my face. "You..... are too much..." I spoke slowly.
I tried to look away from him, but he pushed my face back. "See only me..." he whispered.

"You are the only thing I'll see forever," I answered.
"Arthur.....I love you..... I've loved you for ..... for centuries.... And if we live forever, I'd still love you....if we die....then even in death and the next life... I will still love you," he suddenly spoke.

My eyes began to tear up, and I ran my fingers through his hair. "In my eyes and my words... anything I do will always be for you..... you will be the thoughts I only know.....because I love you," I whispered, coming closer to him.

He smiled at me, and I looked into his eyes deeply. "Help!!! MY CAT IS STUCK IN A TREE!" I heard a random voice call.

I was about to turn around, but Francis stopped me and proceeded to kiss me. I could see how he threw the finger at that random man, and I began to laugh as he kissed me.

I kissed him back, and he began to hold my face and fall deeper and deeper into the kiss. My heart was beating so fast that I knew it could explode at any second.