Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

I decided to clean up the not so messy house, I put all the shoes in the shoe cupboard and the coats hung inside the same cupboard. My phone rang, it was Alec. "Babe, I'm going to be holding a pack meeting down at the house. Cal's on his way over to sort everything out. I'll be back in two hours." He says. "We're going see motorbikes." Jett shouts happily. "There's a bike show, saw it advertised when I was driving back from the Evergreen pack the other day. It's about 30 minutes out of town." Alec says quickly. "Yeah and were nearly there!" Cooper says happily. "Alright boys, have fun. I'll see you soon." I say "Bye!" They all shout, the line goes dead.

An hour later the door knocked, I walked over to it and opened. "I didn't know Alec had Jack back on the job" Cal says pointing to the gate of the house, I smile and I wave at him, he waves back. I walk in the house, Cal followed behind me "You know where the office is right?" I say. "Alec's had so much work done on his place I don't even think I remember where the bathroom is." We both chuckle. I walk over to the cupboard and I grab the key out of the key cupboard, there was a key for everything, the garage, the gate, the back yard. I pulled the Key for Alec's office, and I led him in to the back room. I unlocked the door handed him the key and opened the door for him.

"So what's it like, being Alec's Beta." I say as he goes through paperwork. Cal shrugs. "Alec and I go way back." Cal says shrugging with a smile. "I was honoured when he chose me." Cal smiles. "So you and Alec grew up together?" I ask. "We had to." Cal chuckles "My father was Beta before I took over." Cal shrugs. "Oh right." I say with a smile. "Alec was never the same after the incident, but when you came along I could tell he was smitten. He phoned me right after he met you at the restaurant." Cal says with his eyebrow raised. "What did he say?" I ask, Cal covers his mouth. "Tell me." I say with a smile on my face, he removes his hand. "He said, Cal, I just saw the most beautiful girl in the world. I need to make sure I have her." Cal says. "Really?" I say unimpressed at the way he said 'have her'. Cal chuckles and shakes his head. "He said Cal I think it's happening again. I haven't felt this way since the accident, but there's something about her, I want her and only her, my wolf is going crazy bro, I just don't know." He says putting the papers on the table to look at me. "I obviously had no idea who he was talking about. So I asked him if he had been drinking." Cal says with a boyish grin, I chuckle. "Then what happened?" I say. "His mother stopped by, said she was inviting a new member to a dinner at their house. And the rest you know." Cal says shrugging. I smile as I remember them coming around and inviting me to a dinner. "He's really in love with you." Cal says looking through the box. "Found them." He says with a smile, he then pulls out a heap of files. "What are they?" I ask him. "Folders, on the evergreen pack." Cal says with a smile "Alec wanted me to go through them with you so you have a understanding of the pack. He also wanted to let the other members know in the meeting. He thought you should be first though." Cal says "Oh." I say "So you wouldn't look completely clueless, like you do now." Cal says chuckling. I smile. "Let's start." I say taking a seat at the table, Cal sits next to me and he lays the folders on the table. "Okay first, Alpha Miko, son of Kiyl Knight, Alec and Miko met abroad at an alpha training reserve, Kiyl never made alliances, hence the number of attacks, Evergreen was a beautiful place, but a war tore down their grounds, killing Miko's mother, Kiyl sunk in to a deep depression which forced Miko to step up and be Alpha, it was a year or so after Alec became alpha over here, anyway they formed an Alliance, but since none of the members have had any proper training Alec thought it'll be best they come over here." Cal says not looking at the folder once. "That wasn't what the folder said." I say screwing up my face, Cal chuckles "Right, the folder." He says opening it. "Alpha Miko Knight, Alpha of the Evergreen pack, Age 22, Luna, Serena, Alec thought it'll be best if you know more about Serena than Miko." Cal says rubbing his neck. "Well, you basically told me his life story, but don't worry I won't tell Alec." I say, Cal smiles. "Really saved my ass." He says looking at the folder. "Serena Knight, 22 They have two sons Niko, which she had when she was only 15 and then Alfie who is 2, Serena is a really down to earth girl and you'll get along with her just fine." Cal says looking down at the folder. "Is that really what it says?" I ask confused, Cal nods and shows me the folder. "Alright then." I shrug, Cal continues. "Also coming with them Miko's younger brother Kai, He's 19, his mate is Mel, they have a one year old son called Kaila. Leo who I presume you spoke to on the phone." Cal says looking over the from the folders, I nod. "Leo will be with his wife Kerry and his daughter Tiffany,6 and son Malcom,3" Cal says looking at me. I nod my head. "the pack members, which will not be attending have sent their mates and children to a safety location until the rest are back, they are defending their grounds, Some which will be attending will also of sent their mates to the location while they are trained." Cal says looking up at me, I nod my head. "Alright so anyway, Also coming with them will be a few scouts, Hunters/Huntresses, Their Fighters and their Lead Fighter, Delta Female and Delta Male and 3 of their spies." Cal says looking at the folders. "Are you going to tell me their names?" I ask, Cal shakes his head "You won't remember, it's best they introduce them to you." Cal says with a smile, I nod my head. "So are you going to stick around and wait for Alec to come back?" I ask. "I am the beta after all, plus Farrah, Zyler and Hayden should be here within the hour." Cal says smiling. "So what else can you tell me about the pack that Alec has said not to tell?" I ask with a cheeky grin. "Nice try Olivia, but i'm only here to help prep some snacks, there's going to be a lot of hungry wolf pups." Cal says chuckling as he stands up, he grabs the folders and heaps them together as one, he leaves them on Alec's desk and then we walk out, Cal locks the door and shoves the key in his pocket. He walks in to the kitchen and pulls out a few loaves of bread. "What are you doing?" I ask. "You didn't think I could cook could I?" Cal says with a boyish grin. "Alec's bringing in some more ham and butter." He says holding up the butter in his hand. I smile and shrug. He begins making the sandwiches, he opened the ham packet, at that exact moment I inhaled deeply through my nose, I quickly covered my mouth and ran to the bathroom and threw up my guts.