Accelerator episode 7

Start from the beginning

They settle in after washing the dishes. Yomikawa is in the middle of the couch - none of them question why the futon had also become a couch - with Touma taking her left and Last Order her right, Yoshikawa settling on Touma's other side and Index settling on her lap, Heaven settling by Last Order, Mikoto in his lap. Accelerator takes the other couch - all of them noting the heavy use of his crutch - all of their focus on the screen. They don't ask him if he's ready for help yet, know it's far too soon and asking might make him feel pressured. 

Hishigata, resting on his stomach, kicking his legs, humming and in a panel on the wall, wires and other things just barely glimpsed past his head. More wires, with a few plugs not having anything, Hishigata has a computer in front of him, reaching out, he sticks the pen in one of the plugs, clearly something is not quite working the way it should. "Huh..." He sighs out, scratching at his head with the hand holding the pen, focus on his screen. "Could be a chance -" He looks up, the sucker stick in his mouth rolling a bit. "-I made the configuration too complex." He looks back at the screen, clearly trying to decide it. He closes his eyes right after. "Doesn't matter. As soon as the memories of 10,031 deaths are in my hands, I can complete the formula. "His mouth moving as he talks, his teeth just barely shown, clearly he's restraining a smile for the moment. "We're close. Just a little while longer until our research is finally complete, Hirumi." His mouth spreads into a wide grin, the sucker - or perhaps the stick? - cracking in his mouth.

"What the hell is he doing? I feel like he might be less there in the head than we thought and that's saying a bit." Mikoto grimaces, because honestly, that is so not the kind of thing she wants to hear people talking about nonchalantly. The deaths of 10,031 people and he makes it sound like nothing more than an everyday kind of trip, in order for them to finish something.

"He's really trying to get that information from the Sisters... I thought he might've been mistaken or something, but he really does know exactly what he's talking about. But, I want to know how the hell he knows that number, because none of that project was made public knowledge." Touma comments, staring in surprise at the mad man on the screen, who appears to know more than he's let on and could quite easily get under Accelerator's skin - and worse, in his head.

Yoshikawa is staring at the man in horror, realizing something that has her gut sinking in dread and disgust, but mostly in horror. "He's a scientist, a researcher, for the dark side." She murmurs in reply, her voice soft.

"We already knew that, Misaka Misaka points out, confused on why you felt the need to say that again." Last Order has tilted her head, staring questioningly at the woman.

They all turn to face the woman, except for Accelerator who already knows and Touma who has a sinking feeling in his gut that he knows exactly what that means.

"He's a researcher for the dark side." The woman repeats, her hands starting to shake, wondering what the hell this man is going to do.

"He works for... oh my god, there were files for the project, weren't there?" Yomikawa doesn't wait for the answer, Yoshikawa's statement has already pretty much confirmed it anyways. "He read the fuckin files and he knows way more than he should. Oh god..." She raises a hand to cover her mouth, trying to hide her horror, especially as she works to recall exactly what night this was, because she has a pretty good idea and she will hate herself if anything happened. 

Dust all around, flowing through the air, before it reveals, Esther, who's looking around. The area is a mess, the floor and walls destroyed, bodies sprawled about - though whether they're dead or unconscious, it's hard to tell - and dust or smoke in the air as well. She turns the other way, looking panicked and worried, clearly something is missing or gone and she's trying to find it. She turns to in front of her, before it reveals the fact she's on her knees, before she slumps, falling onto her heels with a heavy sigh. Tears drip from her eyes as she stares at the ground, a mix of sadness, grief, anger and determination all mixed in there.