I let myself become a victim to everyone in my life including myself and weirdly the only thing I would take back is the kentrell thing . Even while getting beat up by these three big beast all I can think about is how I'm so damn glad to be away from that man . Plus,  he hits way harder than these bitches .

"Aye leave her alone !" I hear a blaring voice yell , before the grip on my jumpsuit gets loosened and the punches stop .

I furrow my eyebrows and open my eyes to see the three girls that were just attacking me now laying out on the floor holding different body parts that seem to be in pain .

I look over to the woman standing over them as she mugs and ties her long silky hair into a bun before realizing that she's my cellmate .

We haven't really talked since I've been in here being that  there's really not to much to talk in prison , so I just always assumed she only spoke Hindi . I definitely never expected her to go out her way to defend me like this , usually people just stay to themselves . I guess she's just ... different .

"Thank you " I mumble as I use my hand to wipe some of the blood off of my nose .

"No problem " she smiles sweetly as if she didn't just knock  three people on their asses .  "I just hate bullies,  They walk around all day thinking they run this prison " she shrugs

I stare at her soft , smooth  face and wonder how someone that look so sweet can hide all that hidden aggression. I clearly need to take notes if I'm going to be locked up in here for the next fifteen years  .

"I don't think we've officially met , I'm jayda " I grin sticking a hand out as she chuckles

"I know that silly we share a damn bunk bed " she emphasizes and I can't help but to laugh

"I'm sorry , I guess I just never got  your name " I shrug . She give me a small smile then attaches her hand with mine .

"Saavina "

"Jayda ? " I hear, causing me to snap back from my flashback that I didn't realize I was having .

"Yes ?" I respond to dess .

As I look up at her, I realize that we're in the middle of dinner in a quaint cafe down the street from her apartment . After a lot of convincing , Dess persuaded me to sit down with her in public and have dinner .

As first I was totally against it ! Mainly because ever since I've been outside every guy with dreads that we pass by look like either Von or kentrell , only causing me to either have a panic attack or a random flashback from prison , making me all fucked up in the head .

I'm super paranoid , can't stop looking over my shoulder , and flinch almost Everytime someone gets to close to me . It feels like there's a red dot on my forehead with Von behind it ready to pull the trigger and I feel to exposed .

Who knew that being inside a cell would feel safer  than being free ?

"She asked what you wanted to drink " dess nods at the waitres standing at the edge of the table .

"Oh " I chuckle nervously, picking up the menu that I haven't touched since we arrived " a water is fine " I nod and look behind me a few times before clearing my throat .