Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Selena's POV

I woke up around ten the next day. I did my business and hopped into the shower then changed into some shorts and a long-sleeved top that was green and white.

I passed Jason's room seeing it empty meaning he had already gotten up and was most likely eating already.

Walking towards the kitchen I heard silence but then Justin spoke up so I stopped where they couldn't see me but I could hear them.

"You're mom told me you're afraid of me. Is that true?" He asked gently, I missed the first part of what he said.

"Why?" Justin asked meaning Jase nodded.

"I hear you yelling at people all the time and you always look angry and I don't want to get yelled at too." He mumbled, no doubt looking down or playing with his fingers.

"Hey, look at me. I'm not going to yell at you or hit you or anything. I just have to act like that around those people for them to do their job properly." Justin explained."I'd like for us to be friends, what do you say?"

"Promise you won't be angry at me?"

"I promise."

"Then okay. We can be friends."

I chose to walk into the kitchen then, seeing Jason launch himself at Justin, his tiny arms wrapping around his neck.

I watched Justin wrap his arms around Jason and mentally awed at the situation.

Noticing me in the room, Jason pulled away and ran over to me, his cheeks pink.

"Mommy, guess what?! Justin is my friend now!" He grinned.

"Really?" I smiled seeing him happy.

"Yeah! Now can I have pancakes?"

"Sure. But first." I pointed to my cheek and bent down so he could kiss me.

"Pancakes?" He asked the second he pulled away.

"Okay, I'm going." I laughed as he ran back to sit next to Justin, who was drinking coffee.

'Thank you,' I mouthed to him when Jason wasn't watching. He gave me a smile in return and I went about making the pancakes as Jason engaged him in conversation.

I placed the stack of pancakes on the table, then got three plates out from the cupboard.

I put those on the table before going to the fridge to get the pancake syrup and the apple juice out for Jason.

I poured him a glass and set that down on the table. Then I took one pancake from the stack and poured some syrup on it before taking three for myself, repeating the action.

Justin served himself.

Breakfast went with Jason and Justin arguing over which superhero was better, Superman or Spiderman.

Once we were finished and I had cleaned everything, I went to sit in the living room with them.

As always, Jason was locked into some show, Team Titans I think was the name, and Justin was on his phone.

"What are we doing today?" Jason asked me when I took the seat next to him.

"Well what do you want to do?" I asked.

"Can we go to the zoo? Or the park?"

"Uh..." I turned to look at Justin because I needed him to go with us since I didn't know anywhere in New York.

"Sure. Just let me get dressed." He replied looking up from his phone.

"Okay, I still have to get him dressed then dress myself." I agreed, walking out of the room behind Jason, who had already run off to his room.

Once I was done with him I went to our room seeing Justin fixing a snapback on his head.

Honestly I was shocked he actually owned one considering the only thing he ever wore was suits.

"You really were serious." I commented, going into the closet to get a pair of my jeans.

"About what?"

"Jason." I answered as I switched from the shorts into the jeans.

"Well yeah. I told you I would try with him and he's a great kid."

"Thank you, you're making him way happier than you can imagine. He's never had a guy in his life to talk to about superheroes and stuff and as hard as I try to, I can't exactly relate to a boy his age since I've never been through that phase." I told him honestly, walking out of the closet and into the bathroom so that I could do my makeup.

I didn't do much, just some eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss.

"I know I said, I didn't want him to consider me his dad but at the same time, I kind of want to be that figure for him because I know how hard it is to grow up with a parent missing."

I instantly thought about his mom, what had happened to her? Why was Justin so touchy when it came to that topic?

"What happened to your mom?" I asked before I could stop myself.

His entire body tensed and his eyes became guarded.

"That's none of your business." He said, his voice cold.

"Sorry." I mumbled, not wanting to anger him. We may be legally married but we were in no way close so I wasn't going to force him to share with me.

"Are you ready?" He asked, relaxing when he realized I wasn't going to push the topic.

"Yeah, let's go."

-

-

-

-

Short I know. I'm sorry but I barely have time to write. I hope you liked this though.