Chapter 22

And the wait is finally over. I apologize for that by the way; my life is just a never ending cycle lol.

Jk school is slowly killing me.

Chapter 22

Justin's POV

"Okay so I didn't know what to get you considering you have basically everything a person could possibly want. I know this isn't anything compared to all the other gifts you got but I still hope you like it." Selena said nervously as she pulled out a canvas with a ribbon tied around it.

She held it in front of her but the back was facing me so I couldn't see what was on it.

"I know you love paintings and stuff so I figured instead of buying you one I could make you one instead. I know it isn't exactly the best but..." She trailed off handing the painting to me.

"Merry Christmas."

I stared at the art piece in my hands completely speechless.

It was a picture of the three of us; Selena, Jason and me.

I was sitting on the ground in our living room leaning back against the couch, my face crinkled in laughter. Selena was laying with her head on my lap, my hand entangled her hair and she wore a bright smile. Jason was sitting on her stomach looking at the both of us with a huge grin on his face.

I remember that.

It was the most I had laughed in a long time.

Jazmyn was there that day too.

I don't know how she did it but Selena managed to capture every single emotion in that painting.

It was perfect. It was as if it was a picture taken with a camera.

I stared at the painting in awe but Selena must have taken my silence as a bad sign because she began to fidget.

"It's horrible isn't it? Dammit I knew this was a bad idea, I'm sorry I'll-"

I cut her off by kissing her.

"It's not horrible. It's perfect, you're perfect. Thank you Selena, I love it."

"Really? You're not just saying that to spare my feelings?" She asked dubiously.

"Really. It's beautiful." I confirmed. "I'm going to frame it and hang it up right in the corridor for everyone to see."

She blushed.

"My turn." I winked, retrieving the box from where I hid it.

"Okay so legally we're married as husband and wife but we never really had a wedding since we were both convinced that this marriage wasn't going to last longer than a year but then we decided to actually give it a go and honestly speaking that was the best decision I ever made because I can't imagine my life without youp or Jason in it. I know it's still early and you might not feel the same way but I'm okay with that because we still have the rest of our lives together. Hopefully." I took a deep breath.

"What I'm trying to say here is that I love you Selena. I don't know when or how it happened but I do know that I love you more than you could possibly imagine and I want us to get married the right way this time. I want to give you the fairytale wedding you've always dreamed about. So Selena Marie, will you marry me?"

"Yes! Oh my gosh yes!" She threw her arms around my neck and I felt her tears wet my skin.

Hugging her closer to me than I thought was possible I placed a kiss on her head.

"I love you."

She pulled back and held my face in her hands, her eyes connecting with mine.

"Say it again." She whispered softly.