I nodded, giving him a smile when he smiled at me. He gave me a quick peck before letting go so I could get dressed. Slowly, I held onto his shoulders while I stepped into the mesh underwear before grabbing one of the overnight pads and sticking it in them before pulling them up. I got my sweatpants on, waiting to put on my socks until I got back in bed because I didn't want them wet. I got my bra on as Bradley hooked it in the back before helping me get my shirt on.

"Do you feel better?" He asked as he watched me in the mirror as I ran my brush through my wet hair. "You probably feel like a new woman."

"I feel amazing aside from being sore," I said as I turned around and looped my arms around his neck. "You didn't have to stay in here and see all that blood and stuff while I was crying."

"What kind of husband would I be if I waited out there while you needed me?" He asked as he gently put his hands on my hips and kissed me. "I promised to always take care of you."

I kissed him again, and he helped me walk back over to the bed. He put my socks on for me and helped me get into the bed before putting the blankets up into my lap. He kissed my head again before bringing the plastic crib back over to the side of my bed and placing Charlotte in my arms. Slowly and gently, he kissed her head and then kissed my lips.

"Are you ready for me to go get the others?" He asked as he rubbed my head. When I nodded after watching Charlotte for a couple minutes, he squeezed my shoulder before leaving the room.

"Your daddy's gonna go get all the people who are waiting to meet you," I said gently as I stroked her face with my finger, smiling as I watched her slowly stir awake. "There's uncle Maverick, and Aunt Phoenix and Uncle Bob, and Uncle Fanboy, and Uncle Payback...of course those aren't their real names, they're the names they were given in the Navy...your daddy goes by Rooster in the Navy."

As I was talking to her, Bradley knocked on the doorframe gently to let me know they had returned.

"They brought food," Bradley said as he walked in and assumed the seat next to me again.

"Oh, you guys didn't have to do that," I said with a small laugh as they slowly walked over to the bed, standing around it with all eyes on the baby. "I could've ordered hospital food."

"You just spent the last 10 hours in labor," Maverick said as he put the bag on the table. "You more than deserve it, kid."

"She's absolutely beautiful," Phoenix commented. "Congratulations, you two!"

"You're a whole family now," Payback smiled as we all laughed quietly, all eyes going back to Charlotte. "How does it feel?"

"Amazing considering everything that's happened," Bradley said as we looked at each other and smiled. "Now we can just focus on ourselves, and get a house like we had originally planned."

As Charlotte had started to wake up, I decided to let the others take turns holding her so I could eat. I hadn't noticed how hungry I was until I took the burger out of the wrapper and felt my stomach rumble.

As Maverick held her and stroked her small head gently, I smiled as I watched the two interact. While I was busy eating, Bradley had taken photos of everyone holding her because he knew I was going to want them. It was nice to have our friends visit, and it was comforting to know that Charlotte was already so loved.

After a quick diaper change, Charlotte was content again with being held in turn by all of our friends. They all hung around for another hour until they decided they wanted us to rest. I insisted that they stay for a while longer if they wanted to.

"No, we'll head out," Maverick said as he came over to give me a hug goodbye after hugging Bradley goodbye. "It's been a long day for you, and you need some sleep. You deserve it."

One by one, they all came over to give me a hug and said their congratulations, and when they left, Bradley sat back down next to me.

"I could've sworn Hangman was in the waiting room this morning when I rushed in here," He said as he put Charlotte down in her crib gently after holding her for a while longer. "I wonder where he went."

"Probably got tired of waiting around," I said as I rubbed my tired eyes and looked over at him. "I love you."

"I love you," He said as he kissed me. "You need to get some sleep. It's been a long day for you. I'll be here watching Charlotte."

"What about you?" I asked as I played with his fingers. "You need some sleep, too."

He nodded and gave my hand a gentle squeeze before letting his eyes wander to the crib. "I'll get some sleep, I promise. You need it more than I do currently."

The nurse came in to check on us to see how we were doing for the night, and gave me some more pain medicine so that I'd be able to sleep comfortably. She told us that they were going to evaluate Charlotte tomorrow for her hearing and vision tests, and if she passes her car seat test, we'll get to take her home tomorrow afternoon.

We had a big day, and were hoping to take her home so my dad could meet her. Bradley finally convinced me to get some sleep, and I could feel the pain meds kicking in because my eyes started to grow heavy.

"I'm not going anywhere," He promised as he stood over me and kissed my head before giving me a gentle kiss on the lips.

"Promise me, Bradshaw?" I asked, which earned a smile out of him.

"I promise."