Nine.

A/N: Last chapter in Bradley's POV! ....for a while. ;)

*** Bradley's POV ***

"You're gonna come home," Jordan choked out as she had kept her hands on my waist, looking up at me as more tears were falling down her cheeks. "Promise me that."

The few hours that I was at home came and went. Jordan and I only managed to get about an hour nap in, then neither of us could fall back asleep so we laid in bed talking for the next few hours, and I was soaking up all the time I could getting to hold her.

"I promise," I said quietly as tears were filling up in my eyes once again, threatening to spill over. I cupped her cheeks in my hands and kissed her again, leaning my forehead against hers. "I'm going to come home, and we're going to get ready for the baby."

I was riding to base with Phoenix and Bob, deciding to leave the Jeep with Jordan in case she were to need it for any reason. She always complained that she hated driving since she didn't get her license until after we met, and only had it for about a year before we went overseas. She never really needed to drive because I took us everywhere, as it's supposed to be.

She started crying again after I kissed her, so I pulled her in close to me tightly for another hug. My hand rubbed her back as we swayed back and forth. Sniffles and uneven breathing could be heard from both of us. I knew I was going to lose it when I had to let go.

We heard a couple car engines in the street behind us since we were standing by my Jeep. I peered over my shoulder and saw Phoenix, Bob, Payback and Fanboy coming up. They surrounded us in a group hug as we all stood there in silence. The occasional sniffle could be heard, but it was hard to distinguish who it was coming from.

Jordan pulled away from the hug and one by one, gave each of the others a hug and told them to be safe. When she got to Phoenix last, they held onto each other the longest.

"You guys be safe, and look after each other," I could hear her whisper to Phoenix. "Come home in one piece because I want you all at the baby shower," We all laughed.

"I'll bring Rooster home safe and in one piece," Phoenix promised as she held Jordan's bump. "But you gotta be strong for us, too."

Jordan nodded and wiped her eyes as I came over to her and got down on one knee, holding either side of her bump in my hands. I kissed it a couple of times, resting my head on it as she rubbed my hair. I didn't want to leave, but I had to.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said confidently as I stood up to give her one last kiss before we really had to go. I cupped her face, kissing her repeatedly and taking in our last moments together. "I love you."

"I love you, Bradshaw."

Xoxox

"Choose your two foxtrot teams," Simpson said to Maverick as we stood at attention.

The room was silent for what felt like hours, but was only a few seconds. I was holding my breath because we weren't sure who he was going to pick.

"Payback and Fanboy," He said with his arms behind his back. "Phoenix and Bob."

I glanced over at the pairs, and they were nervously looking at each other. I could feel myself getting hot and starting to sweat because the wingman was going to be chosen next.

"And your wingman," Simpson as he kept his arms folded in front of him.

Over the last few days, I'd shown a lot of weakness and wouldn't have been surprised if I wasn't chosen for the mission. That sure would take a lot of stress off me, and Jordan, and we could go back to preparing for the baby's arrival.