Three.

Present Day

*** Bradley's POV ***

We weren't planning on buying a house until after the detachment was over, so until then, Jordan's dad was letting us live there in her old bedroom. It was huge and had its own bathroom with a walk-in closet, so neither space nor privacy were an issue for us.

I just so happened to wake up a couple minutes before my alarm, so I shut it off because I didn't want to wake Jordan up. She already had a hard time getting comfortable at night due to her back and hip pain, so whenever she was asleep, I tried my hardest to stay quiet.

I rolled over and saw she was sleeping peacefully with the blanket pulled up over her shoulder. I admired her for a couple seconds before leaning over and kissing her forehead. As I got out of bed to get ready, she stirred, but rolled over the other way and sighed in her sleep.

In the dark, I slowly walked through the mess of our suitcases and clothes thrown all over the floor. We'd only been back in town for a couple days, and between catching up with friends and visiting her family, we hadn't had a lot of time to get things organized. I managed to make it without tripping over anything and breaking my neck, or worse, waking Jordan up, and got ready in my flight suit and boots.

It was a little nerve-wracking not knowing what this detachment was for or who would be training us. You'd think I would be used to going into these things with very little information by now, but I wasn't, especially when Jordan and I first got married, and even more so now that we have our daughter on the way.

My watch showed 5:55, and I had to be at the base no later than 6:45. Jordan hated being woken up early without reason, but I knew I'd never hear the end of it if I didn't wake her up for a goodbye kiss.

Slowly, I crept to avoid the mess in our room and knelt down by her side of the bed. A quiet squeak could be heard when my hand pushed down on the mattress.

"Jordan, baby..." I murmured as she groaned and slowly stirred awake while I rubbed her head. She rolled from her side onto her back as she looked up at me. "I'm gonna be leaving. I wanted to say bye."

She sleepily held her arms up, and I stood up to give her a tight hug as she propped herself up. With a gentle kiss to the forehead, I then gave her a gentle kiss on the lips, followed by an "I love you."

We exchanged a few of them along with a few more kisses, but she had a grip on me and didn't want to let go.

"You're so warm," she contended with a sleepy groan as I laughed. "Promise me you'll be safe."

"I promise," I said as I rubbed her bump when she let go and hit the bed again with a soft thump. "I also promise to massage your feet and back when I get home."

"That is a promise I will hold you to," We both laughed as we shared a few more kisses before I decided I really needed to go before I was late.

"I love you, and I promise to come home safe."

"I love you, Bradshaw."

Xoxox

"Bradshaw, coming in at the last second, as expected," Hangman started immediately as I walked into the debriefing room. "Thought you were gonna be late."

"No, I just have a pregnant wife that I was saying goodbye to," which earned some smiles. "You know, because some of us here are actually not lonely when we go to sleep at night."

He was getting ready to say something else, but three admirals came into the room and the female one ordered us to stand at attention. One of them approached the podium while the other stood off to the side with the female admiral.