Epilogue #1

"Yeah" I say. "We'd love too." I smile. "Okay. Thank you. Bye." I hang up and look at my friends. "We've been invited to do a speech at the White House. Can you believe it?"
"Nope" says Micheal. "Probably not until I get there."
"I agree with Michael for once" says Will. He starts pacing around but stops. "Wow. What is wrong with me? I just agreed with a Michael."
"Haha. Very fun" he replies.
"When are we going?" asks Lauren.
"In two days" says Sam.
"How do you know?" I ask surprised.
"Guessed." I look at her smirking. "Okay. Okay. I was half eavesdropping on you."
I roll my eyes and laugh. "Which speech should we do?" Asks Laura.
"How about the one we did on the news a month ago" suggests Will.
"How about the one we did at Eagle Prep" says Michael.
"What about we make a new one" says Lauren.
"I think we should do the speech Rowan did in the cafeteria" says Sam.
I look at her. "But that's not nearly as good as the other speeches."
"It's better than the others. We can build off it. Just a platform" she protests.
"I don't know" I say.
"Please" she says. "Who agrees with me." Everyone's hands shoot up. "Then it's settled. We do the speech. Have a little chat with some of the people there and voila. We said something important again."
I don't argue. What's the point? I shake my head and look directly at all my friends. My friends that have come such a long way. The thought of us all being different doesn't cross my mind anymore because we all have the same wish to help those being hurt. Mentally. Physically. And emotionally. I start planning and branching off new ideas.
-------------Washington D.C. White House--------------
"Your mother would be so proud of you my dear" my father says holding back the tears urging their way out. "I love you sweetie." He hugs me and kisses my head.
"Thanks dad." I squeeze his hand and go joint my other friends.
"I'm nervous. Is anyone else nervous. I shouldn't be nervous. Right? RIGHT?" Rambles Laura.
"Right" I laugh. "Let's practice once. Okay. Hello ladies and gentlemen. A year ago..."
"It's time to go on kids" the stage manager cuts me off. Without a moments hesitation I go stand in front of the room facing a bunch of reporters. I see the stage manager signal me a thumbs up to start talking. My heart starts beating fast and all I see is blurriness.
I feel someone talking my hand on both sides. On one side I see Will and Sam. The other Laura, Michael, and Lauren. I smile and take a long deep breath.
"Hello ladies and gentlemen. A year ago two stories of bullying came to an end. One had the person end their life. The other was by realizing that they needed to stand up to bullying."
"Bullying is another source of war" Sam says. "This war is so personal that it becomes a war against oneself. A war that affects the mind. One that affects their emotions and their body."
"Now" Will says. "On the outside everything is fine. There are no guns and destruction but on the the inside the person is destroyed and devastated. Trapped and wanting to get away fro, the,selves but they know they can't. So they end their life."
"That is why we are here today" says Michael.
"To teach you about bullying" says Lauren.
"And to tell you about some of our own stories and some of other amazing people."
That is what we do. We tell them about the effects of bullying. We tell them our intakes on it and how one of our friends ended his life. We answered different questions and we talked as if this was just the six of us talking and our families with mom and Kzwana sitting in the chairs watching us. Because they are always with us.
"Hey" a girl with red hair and blue eyes says. "I want to thank you all for inspiring us all to take a stand against bullying."
"No problem" Will says.
"No" she quickly says. "If it weren't for you reminding me that it's not too late I would have lost my sister two weeks ago. I am truly thankful." Her lip quivers and tears flood her eyes.
I take her into a hug. "Is your sister here?"
"Yes."
"Then I want to talk to her." She leads me all the way to a girl who can be her twin but is too young. "Whats your name sweetie?"
"Emma."
"How old are you?"
"Twelve."
I hug her and drag her sister into the hug too. She's so young but she's so hurt. I unravel from the hug and smile. "I think you're really cool and amazing and brave. You know why?" She shrugs. "Because you just are. Because you're special. Beautiful. And great in every way possible."
The girl smiles. "You mean it?"
"Of course I do!"
Emma brings me into one more hug. Her sister gives me her number and we all leave to the car where the president waits.
"Thank you" he says. "For you all making such a big impact on the lives of our world. I understand it's not easy to stay strong but with people supporting you it really does help." He gives us all hugs.
I was about to go into the car but I stop.
"Sir" I says. He looks at me. "Can I be an agent and help people?"
He smiles. "You are doing that already but I think I can make that happen. Contact me when you are sixteen."
"But sir. I already am sixteen."
"Then congratulations. Welcome to the team." He laughs and then leaves. I smile and we all go back to the airport where a jet waits for us. On the way home we all hang out like a real family.
"Ma'am" says a guard. "The president sent this for you." He hands me the black heavy bag and I open it to find a badge with my face and name on it. Under my name it also says 'Rowan Grand - Activist/Agent. Alongside that are some gadgets and a notebook. The notebook has a message on it.
"I'm proud of you sweetie. I knew you could do it.' Signed mom. Then a part from the president. "Continue to write and inspire. Writing is for you and no one else can take that."
"What's that?" Sam asks.
I sip up the bag. "Nothing" I laugh. I look back once more at my friends and my dad. I decide that I am truly the luckiest person at the moment.