⟨65⟩

a day later,
Mount Vernon, NY
Albrecht Manor
Justin's room
_______________________

"Look, I was never supportive of you dating a teacher but are you sure breaking up was the right idea?" Tyler was the first to say something once Landon caught them up on the events of the other day.

Emma nodded, "Exactly. Maybe you're being irrational Landa, you guys should talk it out."

"Shut up you two, if Lan doesn't want to be with Mr. Kim anymore that's his choice. Fuck off and deal with it." Percy responded, grabbing a pencil and throwing it at Tyler.

Emma grabbed the closest thing to her, a Rubik's cube from a display shelf and got ready to throw it back.

"Wait!" Justin called out, jumping up from where he was sitting at his desk and snatching the square from Emma, "Stop throwing shit in my room!"

Percy stuck his tongue out at Emma immaturely as Landon rolled his eyes.
Even though he was still sad, he couldn't deny his friends' stupidity made him laugh.

"Y'all are all a bunch of dumbasses. Landon, it's like this, we only live once so do whatever the hell you want." Kaleb responded, "If you wanna break up, break up, if you wanna raise a kid, do it."

Tyler frowned, "Wait a minute, don't Japanese believe in reincarnation?" they pointed out.

Kaleb gasped exaggeratedly, "Oh my god! That is so racist, what the fuck Tyler?"

"We're both Asian, how do you-" Tyler raised their hands and sighed, "You know what, I give up."

Kaleb laughed mockingly in victory before grabbing Percy's phone from his hands.

"The fuck are you doing?" Percy frowned, leaning over to see what Kaleb was typing on his phone.

"I'm ordering pizza with your credit card." Kaleb answered casually, earning a slap on the back of the head from Percy as he snatched his phone back.

Landon stood up from the bed, "I gotta go. I have a meeting in Albany, bye losers." he made his way out of the bedroom.

"Bye!" Emma, Tyler and Justin yelled back.
"See you later, Heiress!" Kaleb teased.

Percy hit him again, "Shut the fuck up!"

New Rochelle, NY
Liegth Mansion
Landon's room
______________________

Landon stripped off his clothes and got in the shower, leaning against the wall as he felt the hot water run down his body.

"How do you not have a bath?"

A tear fell down his cheek and Landon didn't bother to wipe it away since it joined in with the water to fall down his face.

I miss him..."But I can't. I have to- focus on my job." he ran his right hand up to his face, the left was inside a waterproof bag to stop the bandages from getting wet, brushing his arm against something.

Landon got out of the shower and looked in the mirror, seeing his own naked reflection.

He could still see the faint bruise on his stomach from where he was pushed into the desk, the reddened cheekbone, and the red cuts on his wrists.

Landon had other marks on his back and legs but from where he stood he couldn't see them in the mirror.

But the thing that had caught his attention in the shower, was the purple collar around his neck with the red heart padlock.

I forgot about this, I've had it on for so long I didn't realize I was still wearing it.

Landon looped his thumb under and tried to pull it off, but the leather wouldn't budge.

"I need the key. Fuck! He has it-" Landon wrapped himself in a towel and then leaned against the sink.

His hair dripped water onto the counter and he dipped his head to lay it on the cool surface.

After a few minutes, Landon finally sighed, "Might as well give him his key back too." and he walked back into his bedroom to get dressed.

2 hours later,
Bronxville, NY
Ryojin's apartment
________________________

Landon knocked on the door and waited a few minutes, reaching up to fix the few strands of curly black hair that got in his way.

He decided, since he was no longer an idol, he didn't need to keep up with the persona and allowed his hair to do whatever it wanted.

Ryojin opened the door and was surprised to see Landon, "Cookie, come in. Are you okay? Can we talk?"

"Sure, what do you wanna talk about?" Landon asked, he figured he should at least be neutral with Ryojin after how he yelled at the brunet the other day.

"I'm glad you're back, I wish you hadn't left so quickly the day before. I know, I sprung this on you and shoved you into it, and I'm sorry." Ryojin started, offering for Landon to sit down but the teen declined.

Landon shook his head, "I disrespected you, and I'm sorry for that. This whole thing- the kid and...just everything is too much."

Ryojin stepped forward and Landon flinched subtly, "It doesn't have to be. I wouldn't do anything you don't want me to, so...maybe I can find a way to convince Ae-Cha to keep the child."

"No, I wouldn't ever ask you to do that. You want kids, you never said it but I can tell, you want this pregnancy. I'm not gonna get in the way of you getting what you want, I love you too much for that." Landon quickly stopped him.

"And I love you, so is this break-up truly necessary?" Ryojin asked, and Landon could tell he was hurt by the look on his face.

Landon nodded once, "I need time, time to find myself and figure out how to move past what happened to me."

Ryojin frowned with a hurt expression, "You can't do that and stay with me? You know, I wouldn't hurt you cookie."

Landon reached up and caressed Ryojin's nape, "I don't want you to wait around for me. If I never get better, I don't want you to remain alone, raising a child by yourself."

"You came to tell me you're leaving?" Ryojin asked in a low voice, turning his head and softly kissing Landon's wrist.

Landon nodded softly, "And I need to ask you to take this off."
Ryojin's eyes flicked to the collar, which Landon had his finger pressed against.

Ryojin didn't respond, he stepped closer to Landon until they were basically torso-to-torso and grabbed the small key from his pocket, unlocking the choker.

And finally, for the first time in months, Landon was without the comfort of a daily reminder who he belonged to.

Landon grabbed Ryojin's hand and brought it up to his lips, kissing the few light tattoos before placing the apartment key into it and walking away.

"I love you, and I'll wait for you." Ryojin called through tears as Landon was halfway out the door.

"Please don't. Goodbye, Ryojin." Landon said back, closing the front door.

The End

thank you for reading LE: Legacies!
I hope you enjoyed!