⟨63⟩

two days later,
New Rochelle, NY
Liegth Mansion
Landon's bedroom
__________________________

Landon sat on his bed, followed by Ryojin, who helped him remove his shoes and get under the blankets.

"You don't have to stay, you should be going back to your get-together." Landon told him, wincing under his breath.

"Why do you say dumb things? " Ryojin asked, sitting down on the bed and pushing Landon's hair out of his face. "If I didn't want to be here I wouldn't be here. So don't expect me to leave." he said the last part in Korean.

Unfortunately, when Ryojin pushed Landon's hair back, the teen subconsciously flinched; leaving Ryojin feeling guilty and pulling his hand away.

"I'm sorry, "Ryojin quickly apologized, "I hate that he hurt you."

Landon shook his head, "I don't want to talk about that. I'm really tired, can I just go to sleep instead?" he asked in a low voice.

Ryojin nodded, "Of course cookie, and I'll stay here until you wake up. I love you."

"I love you too. Thank you, for being here with me." Landon whispered but Ryojin heard him in the silent bedroom.

Once Landon fell asleep, Ryojin slipped out of the room and went to the living room where Light, Ace, and Ash were.

"Oh Ryojin, come over." Light waved him over and then handed him a packet of papers.

Ryojin frowned, "What's this?" he asked, his accent was noticeably still pure as compared to Ash and Ace, who were slowly losing theirs.

"The lawyers dropped these off, we're supposed to fill out our experiences with Jake Miller." the older brunet answered before sighing heavily.

Ace leaned forward from the other couch and handed Ryojin a pen, "They need Lanka to fill out one of these too, but I think we should give him some time." Ryojin nodded in agreement.

Of course, Light was taking it harder than the others. Jake was not only his assistant but also the person he was closest to at work.

"Has anyone spoken to him, do we know why he did it?" Ryojin asked, deep in thought.
He was mad, of course, but he'd never been an aggressive person. Meaning, Ryojin could fight, but it was outside his teachings growing up to; no matter the circumstances.

Ace shook his head slowly, "No, he won't speak. Not to us, at least. His lawyer says Landon came onto him, so they're pulling the security footage from the office."

Ash stood up and punched the coffee table in front of him, shattering the glass with his fist in a fit of rage.

Ryojin jumped slightly in reaction, as did Ace. Light instead said, "What the fuck, Ash! I get you're angry but not anymore than the rest of us, you don't get to go around breaking shit!"

Ash held up his tatted hand (which was bleeding from the glass) and pointed to Light, "Puppy, now is not the right time for you to be scolding me." he warned in a deep voice.

"I'm not scared of you, so threaten all you want. You blame me for what happened, I get it, but I didn't do shit!" Light yelled back in response, scooting to the edge of the couch, he probably would've stood up if it wasn't for his leg.

Ace looked over at Ryojin with a sympathetic look as if to say sorry before interrupting, "This isn't helping Landon, at all. Argue on your own time, hell when your leg heals, you two can fist-fight it out. But right now, Lanka is what's important."

Ash looked as if he was going to say something else but he knew Ace was right, so he grabbed his keys and walked towards the front door.

"Where are you going?" Light called as Ash headed out the house.
"For a drink." the raven-haired man answered, slamming the front door behind him.

Light sighed and leaned his head back against the couch as Ace got up and began to clean up the glass.

Ryojin leaned forward and started helping him pick up the shards.
"No, you don't have to. I can do it." Ace said calmly.

"I'll help, I'm here to help. I can't help Landon but at least I can do this." Ryojin answered.

Ace understood how he felt, so he simply nodded and allowed Ryojin to help.

Light said something in Russian before getting up from the couch and going into the kitchen, Ace quickly followed after him, yelling.

"No! We talked about this, you don't drink."
Light sighed, "I can't handle this sober, Ace."

Ace walked back into the living room and confiscated Light's keys, "Don't do this. We need you level-headed, I need you." he pleaded.

Light bent down and kissed Ace, "I'm not going to do anything, I just need one glass. My son just went through the same hell I did and I couldn't do anything to stop it."

In that moment, everything became clear to Ryojin. He had no questions and he didn't wonder anything.

The only thing he wanted to know was, Does Landon know?

an hour later,

Landon sat up slowly, his medicine had worn off so his wrists were back to hurting.

He looked down at the bandages, the one on his left was worse and had spots of blood on it, it was also the sprained one.

His right, only had small cuts but there were a few of them. Landon felt tears run down his face as he involuntarily remembered the incident that caused these bruises.

"Please!...stop- no don't do this!"

Landon covered his ears with his hands, almost as if he could shut out the noise of his memories.

Ryojin came into the room to see Landon clutching his head, crying in pain and despair.

He quickly ran over to the teen and reached out for him, stopping right before his hands made contact with Landon's skin.

"Cookie," Ryojin called out in a soft voice, "can I touch you? Hug you?"

Landon wasn't covering his ears too much to where he couldn't hear and so he nodded to Ryojin's question and then felt himself be wrapped in his boyfriend's arms.

Vote and Comment!