"No dad" she heard Manik's raspy voice which said either he cried or was shouting, the answer was obvious that he might have cried. Ever since Nandini left Manik has changed. And this alone is a definite fact. Manik left after a while. Everyone glanced at each other.
The thought of Manik and Nandini made Mukti think about her lovelife when she remembered Abhimanyu. That name made her stomach flip. The space beside her felt even more empty that it should have been. She wanted to feel his presence sadly. She sighed as this is not the right time to think about her lovelife when their lives are at stake.

"I want everyone to gather in my study" Raj ordered softly and left the table.

"I'm scared. Kyuki Manik ko manana baut difficult hai. Woh kyu Raj uncle ka saath dega iss mei Mafia and all mei '' Alya spelled her worries. Her voice trembled at the end of which says she was nervous with the new found information. She has always been a delicate doll who had been taken care of. Mukti always took care of Alya as her younger sister. Mukti patted on her shoulders as she was just beside her.

"It's ok Alya I understand but Hume hee Manik ko manana hoga" she glanced at Cabir while saying so as she knows if there is anyone who can make Manik join Raj it would be him. Alya nodded and glanced at Dhruv. He was quiet and that scared her.

"Dhruv tum kuch nhi kahoge?" At the mention of his name he glanced up only to see him crying silently. Mukti has seen him crying a few times but this Dhruv is someone different. He was strong yet so weak. They all gathered around him for a group hug. Nyonika looked led at them from afar with her blurry eyes as she had tears seeing them. She left silently.
After a while Mukti found herself in Raj uncle 's study. It was a huge room with the biggest glass table she had ever seen placed in the middle backward. To the right was a tall vase with fresh flowers and a cabinet ahead of it. Left hand a cabinet which is almost of her height. Behind the glass table was a comfortable chair and a see-through window. Little things like laptop, paper holder, papers scattered, a cute pen stand, a statue of a lady with ancient crafts encrypted on it. To the left wall was a big family portrait with an old man and a woman seated on the chair and a young couple standing behind them with a small child in their hands. It didn't take a second for her to recognise that it was the Malhotra family portrait. To the right wall is a huge bookshelf filled with books.

"Take seats my children" she snapped her head towards uncle. That's when she noticed he was pointed towards a big couch under the family portrait. It was huge enough for 10 people to fit in it with a wooden table placed before it with newspapers, magazines scattered and a thermos. Everyone sat there silently anticipating what was about to come next.

"I want y'all to convince Manik to join. I want the best for him. I wasn't there for him when he needed me because I had to handle everything here" Raj said, who began to walk towards them with a bunch of papers in his hands. "I want y'all to do this for me. He has join this. Varna bahaut problem ho sakti hai. Usse inn sab ke baare mein pata hona zaroori hai varna uski jaan ko khatra ho sakta hai" he continued.

"Uncle hum kitne khatre ki baat kar rahe hai yaha?" Cabir asked as he made himself comfortable on the couch. "Kyuki Manik ko convince karna thoda mushkil hai but mere paas ek tarika hai, jisse Manik humaari baat maan lega" he confirmed. Everyone looked at him questionably. Mukti always knew that Cabir was the smartest one among them. Though it's different that he keeps playing pranks disturbing others but he always suggests the best plans ever anyone can find. And the fact that he was her friend made her proud.

"That's great Cabir. Hume bhi apna plan batao" Alya spoke this time gaining everyone's attention who nodded in affirmation. "Agar tumhare paas plan hai toh hum uss par abhi se work karenge. Hume aur time waste nahi karna chahiye". If Mukti was sure Alya was a scared cat ever since she knew her. Though she seems to be strong and all but still she is afraid of anything and everything that exists. And Alya now here is ready to join this Mafia business amazes Mukti. They have to work on this, together. "Uncle Hume agar Manik ko convince karna hai toh Hume Nandini ki zarurat padegi"

"Lakin Nandini toh yaha nahi hai na Cabir" this time it was Dhruv. Mukti towards him only to see him going through those papers which uncle just gave them. "Hum Nandini ko kaise yaha laa sakte hai.?? Hume toh abhi tak bhi Nandini ke baare mei paata nahi chala hai..??"

"I know that issliye mere kehne ka matlab hai ki hum Nandini ko yaha laa nahi sakte lakin Manik to iss business mein join karane ke liye Nandini ka naam use kar sakte hai. Jaise ki, dekho hum sab jaante hain ki Manik loves Nandini to no extent. Toh issliye hum usse yeh kahenge ki agar hum iss business mein join ho gaye toh hum Nandini ko assani se dhundh sakte hai. Jisse woh shayad Maan jaaye. I think my plan will work as far as 99% I'm sure but 1% ki guarantee nahi hai '' he completed once he leaned back his head resting on the edge of the couch.

Everyone went silent for a while processing his words. It was true that this can help but Mukti wasn't sure the same as Cabir. Using the name of Nandini would convince Manik but maybe he may decline. It was delulu for her and everyone.

"Cabir I think this will work" Alya spoke from the other side of the room where she was standing beside the bookshelf carrying a book in her hands. She walked towards them and sat comfortably before continuing. "Uncle Manik Nandini se baut pyaar karta hai mujhe lagta hai yeh plan kaam karega. Kyu Mukti?" Mukti for a second was shocked but nevertheless she replies"of course mujhe lagta hai ki this plan will work"

Now that everything was settled and decided that Cabir will speak to Manik and convince him they left the room. "Kya tumhe lagta hai Raj ki bache yeh sambhal payenge?" Nyonika whispered in concern for children. "I don't know Nyonika. Unhe baut mehnat karni padegi. They have to work hard.  They have to balance this business and also their singing career. They can't give up on that just because of this" Raj completed. "I wish sab theek ho jaaye" Nyonika said. "Everything will be fine Nyo " he said those words and left for his work while Nyonika left for her room unfazed with the fact that this little talk of theirs was heard by Mukti.

Mukti 's POV because why not. 🤧
Dam I really miss Nandini now I want her back ASAP but how 👀 let's see meanwhile...

Stay safe
Stay happy.
Love u all