"Both of you can't marry the pretty miss," he said and the twins looked at Hawks. With a smug look on his face you had a feeling you knew what he's about to say. "Because the pretty miss is already married to papa."

"What?!" the twins asked in unison, their jaws dropping in surprise while Hawks still got the smug look on his face, looking as though he won this round of who can marry the pretty miss.

At least by the end of it both of them accepted you as their mom. Still, you couldn't help but think about how easy it is for them to just accept it as fact. It didn't even take them a day to accept you as their mom and you just met them yesterday.

Maybe because they're kids, they make things more simple, they are more accepting. But you found yourself still thinking about a lot of things that you didn't realize Hawks had opened the door to the room you'll be occupying for now.

"Is this room alright?" he asked, putting the tray with two mugs of coffee on the table as you two sat down.

"Yes," you answered. Earlier you and Hawks agreed that you'll sleep in a guest room while you adjust yourself to this new life.

"For now," Hawks muttered, giving you the mug of coffee. "Sorry about Keita's behavior earlier."

"What?" you looked at him.

"He's more like you, you know. He doesn't open up to others right away."

"Actually I'm more surprised about Keishi. He accepted me as his mom quite quickly."

Hawks chuckled. "He took after me in that regard. I accepted you quite quickly as well."

"What do you mean?" you asked, but Hawks chose to remain quiet, taking a sip of his coffee. "Right, you knew who I used to be."

"Who you used to be doesn't define who you are now."

So he knew that you used to do all sorts of vicious things with your quirk, you exploited people's weaknesses, played with their memories for fun and revenge and money. It was those sorts of things that earned you an infamous moniker in the Underground, Vixen.

"And now, you are my wife, my kids' mother," Hawks said, with a soft smile playing on his lips.

"I told you, I believe you," you said. "No need to repeat that thing over and over again."

"Oh I will repeat it over and over again so you won't forget," he said.

You took a sip of the coffee, not too sweet and not too bitter. Just the perfect coffee you prefer and you've never had coffee made by someone like this, it's the same as the coffee you always make for yourself.

"Still," you started, lowering the half empty mug of coffee. "If someone else told Keishi she's his mom, will he accept her as quickly as he accepted me?"

"No, he wouldn't," Hawks said, his face now serious. "He had teachers and sitters who used to say their his mom, he never believed any of them. You're the first woman he ever accepted as his mom."

You didn't say anything after that, and just took an occasional sip of the coffee. You never actually believed in this so-called string tying families, but maybe the little child could see it or something. Once you've finished drinking, you put the empty mug on the tray, as did Hawks.

"Alright, that's enough for today," you said, standing up as did Hawks. "I need to take a rest, so if you don't mind, you can go now."

Hawks don't seem to want to go. But he took the tray and slowly walked to the door, you opened it for him but before you could close it, Hawks put a foot out making you open the door wider.

"I'm looking forward to when we finally share the same bed again," he said. "Though we might not get much sleep then," he continued with a wink and before he could see your face starting to flush, you slammed the door in front of him.

You can feel your face starting to heat up, knowing fully well what Hawks meant just now. You stood there, leaning on the door as you closed your eyes, trying not to think of him hovering above you, with that smirk of his, wearing nothing but the fiery red wings on his back.

You shook your head and slammed your forehead lightly on the door. "This dirty thought and that bloody chicken."