Until one of them, Keishi, stood up. "Shi-chan's mama!" He beamed, running up to you and took you by absolute surprise when he literally threw himself at you, his small arms wrapping around your waist while you sat there, frozen in surprise, lifting your arms a bit as the kid was suddenly hugging you, burying his face on your stomach.

That's it? You thought to yourself. This kid literally accepted everything in a matter of two minutes, no questions asked, he accepted you as his mom. And you thought to yourself, if any other woman were to introduce herself as his mom, will this kid also hug her as tight as he is hugging you now?

"Keita?" Hawks suddenly asked, making you look up to see the little kid who looks identical to Hawks with yellow hair and red wings, still sitting in front, just looking at you. "Give mama a hug too."

He slid down his chair, hands clasped together and fiddling with his fingers as he slowly walked, and you thought for a second he's going to walk up to you. But then he headed to Hawks and climbed up to him.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Hawks asked when the little boy sat on his lap, wrapped his arms around his shoulders and buried his face on him. "Keita?"

Hawks turned to you, trying to make the boy look at you at least but Keita firmly held on to Hawks and buried his face more on his dad's shoulder. Hawks looked at you, hoping that you wouldn't lose any interest in learning more about the kids, in trying to make everything make sense, just because one of the twins refused to look at you. But to Hawks relief, you don't seem to think that way.

"It's alright mama," Keishi said, making you look down at him, he still has his arms wrapped around you, leaning his head back to look up at you. "Ta-chan is just shy around strangers."

"Strangers," you muttered.

"No!" Hawks quickly said. "Mama is not a stranger, Keishi."

"Oh right," the little boy said, grinning again. "Mama is mama!"

He buried his face on your stomach again, rubbing his forehead as you slowly lowered your arms and your hands found his back, patting his little wings a bit awkwardly while you can see Hawks from the corner of your eye still trying to make Keita look at you, trying to pull down the little boy's arms around his shoulders.

"The pretty miss can't be Ta-chan's mama," he suddenly said, making Hawks stop. The boy's voice is a little muffled but you heard what he said as you looked up and Hawks had a look of absolute horror on his face.

"Keita," he started but the boy finally leaned back, although he now had his head lowered, fiddling with his fingers again.

"Ta-chan..." he seemed to hesitate, trailing off, until Hawks noticed his little chubby cheeks turning pink. "Ta-chan wants to marry the pretty miss when he grows up so she can't be Ta-chan's mama!"

Silence had befallen the whole house like it had never been before. It was so still that you could hear a pin drop. After what the little kid suddenly declared, even Hawks couldn't believe what he just heard.

The silence was only broken when Keishi spoke. "Ta-chan can't marry mama."

Hawks nodded. "That's right, Keita, you can't marry ma–"

"Because Shi-chan will marry mama," Keishi said, cutting Hawks' attempt at explaining why they both can't marry you and making it all the more hard to explain.

"No," Keita said, finally looking at Keishi. "Shi-chan can't marry the pretty miss if she's our mama."

Somehow that's how it works but at the same time that's not how it works, Hawks thought to himself. So before the twins started an argument about something that neither of them can win, Hawks finally spoke.