02

"Kazutora!"

I flinched as I rushed inside my room. I sneak out of our house earlier after dinner to meet my friends. It's Keisuke's birthday and I can't miss it. I stole some money from my mother so I can buy Kei a gift. It's just a cheap figurine of his favorite cartoon he watches so early in the morning.

"I knew what you did." I sat on the floor and hugged my knees. She will scold me. She will scold me. She will- "Why didn't you just ask me, Kazutora? I can give you more if you want." She says and I felt an ounce of relief.

Ah, my father is not here anymore. He won't hit me. He won't yell at me. But my mother won't let this go easily.

She closed the door behind her and started walking towards me. She kneeled in front of me and grab both of my hands. "You told me yesterday that it's Baji-kun's birthday." Oh, yes. I told her that yesterday at dinner because I got too excited. "I understand if you want to go out. He's your friend after all. I'm just worried about you, Kazutora. I heard you sneaking out of the house. I would've let you out, Kazutora." She says so gently, like a feather falling past my ears.

"I apologize, mom." My eyes welled up in tears.

"It's okay. Just tell me next time, alright?" I nodded and my body moved. I hugged my mother while crying because this is the first time I was treated so gentle by my parents.

______________________________

"Ah, Haruchiyo! For you!"

I laughed as Keisuke threw a dorayaki at Haruchiyo who was casually walking towards us with a smile. He catches the dorayaki and rushed to sit beside Keisuke. I smiled at him apologetically, the two patches beside his lips were intriguing but I didn't ask. I will just mind my own business.

"The others are on their way. Did you skip class?" Keisuke asked as he gave me the half eaten noodles. He's always giving me half of the peyoung yakisoba even if he likes it so much.

"I didn't because big bro will eventually find out. Why did you two skip class?" He furrows his brows as he opened the plastic of dorayaki.

"Just the usual." I shrugged, twirling the noodles on the chopsticks. Setting cars on fire is thrilling.

"I swear one day you'll get caught." Haruchiyo scoffed, throwing the plastic away. He eat so fast.

"Well, you didn't even get caught." Keisuke fired back making Haruchiyo chuckle.

"If you're good at it, you won't." He smirked, looking at me and Keisuke with amusement in his eyes. "You two are acting like an old married couple again." He rolled his eyes and I couldn't help the blush that made its way to my cheeks.

"Why are you blushing?!" Keisuke yelled in front of me. His cheeks is also beet red!

"No, why are you blushing too?!" I yelled back because there's no way he thinks of us that way! No way! Right?