Tacking Up

I was hesitant to agree. I didn't want to see Maddie right now, and nor did Jessica, but my sister always has a way of persuading people. I heard her exchange few words, the shuffling of shoes and the door close. I saw Maddie approach and I tried to put on a neutral face. Maddie's face portrayed that she was nervous, and looking slightly unceratin. As she came up to us, Jessica motioned her to sit down. Then Christina handed her a scone on a plate and passed her a lemonade. Christina then sat down and a dead silence entered the room. Maddie cleared her throat and opened her mouth, but Jessica intervined. " How dare you judge Win Big like that! What were you going to do!?! Were you just going to leave the poor horse to die! It's not his fault that he can't run, but we can train him. He is trainable. I don't even know if I shoud ask you to reconsider the offer of bringing him back, maybe I should keep him here at Christina's place."
" I....I..." Maddie stammered trying to find the words to fight back. She finaly found her words, still clearly stunned by the retort. " You! How dare you accuse me of leaving a horse to die! I never even gave my final answer! But since you are reconsidering the offer of housing your horse at my stables, maybe I shouldn't even bother to tell you what I was going to say." Maddie folded her arms across her chest clearly cross and looking slightly statisfied with her come back. Jessica looked hurt, her eyes glistened with tears, as she repositioned herself in her chair sitting up a little straighter. " Fine, tthen. Now if you will excuse me, I am to retire to the stables to feed my horse." Her voice steadied and she pushed her chair away fromt he table, got up, and walked out the back door and into the stables. " Well, that went well." Maddie started muttering to herself. " Um well," Christina spoke up for the first time since the fight, " What was your decision?"
" Well, I saw that Win Big did keep up with Night Runner, unti Night Runner found her pace," Maddie glanced over at Anna who turned her head down avoiding the gazes tossed around the table. " But you said, " Anna started to murmur but caught herself, " Oh sorry, continue. She held her head up but dropped her gaze to her knees. Maddie continued " I wanted Win Big to stay, but by the time I came to talk to you guys, you were gone. So I came here.  "I need to tell Jessica this guys, I'll come back when I'm finished" Anna then got up and walked out to the barn.

A/N:
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy with school and other books on Wattpad.