Apple

Byeol

The bell finally rang and released all the students from college for the day. Since it was a Friday, I didn't have to stay after hours for practice or any other club.

I swiftly placed my violin inside its case and stacked all the books of sheet music in one hand. Yeosang was already waiting at the door for me.

"Byeolie?" He said as I neared him.

"Mm?" I tilted my head and indicated that we walk to our lockers and talk at the same time.

"Do you have any plans for the weekend?" He asked as we headed into the hallways.

"Mm..." I frowned. "I don't think so? I'm not sure, actually, we met some new people yesterday and thought about meeting them again," I said as we reached my locker. He waited for me while I opened it and packed up.

"Oh, new friends?" He inquired lightly. I slung my backpack over one shoulder and held my violin in my other hand. We turned the corner and neared Yeosang's locker.

"Yeah... Do you know Park Seonghwa—?" Yeosang suddenly stopped in his tracks for the second time today and I turned around to face him. He had a huge grin on his face.

"Seonghwa-Hyung? The one with the bangs that covers his eyes?" I nodded and he laughed, nearly dropping his books.

"I thought I'd never hear his name again! Byeol, does he live nearby?" We started walking again and stopped by his locker this time.

"Yeah, about ten or fifteen minutes from my place." I said. "You know Kimmie, right? Her brother is Kim Hongjoong."

"Get outta town!" He shook his head with widened eyes as he zipped his backpack.

"No, honest!" I chuckled. He slammed his locker shut and we both walked out of the building. "I met Seonghwa last night at some convenience store. After, uh, proper introductions, he asked if Wooyoung and I wanted to come over so all of us could try to put our heads together about San."

"Us?"

"Hongjoong, Min, Seonghwa, Wooyoung, and I." I counted everyone off on my fingers. "I have Seonghwa's contact if you want to talk to him."

"Of course! Send it to me," He said, running his fingers through his hair. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts as we continued walking down the footpath to the bus station.

"What about Hongjoong-Hyung?" He asked, making me slow my pace a bit.

"Um... S-Same as San's case." I mumbled. He turned to face me.

"What?" He whispered, unbelieving. I nodded.

"That's why Kimmie didn't come today," He pursed his lips and we both fell in a silence. I started walking to the bus stop, making Yeosang snap out of his trance and catch up.

"You know, we all used to be friends when we were younger." He started.

"I know," I said and we weaved our way through the people. The bus stand isn't usually crowded, and thankfully, today was no exception. "Woo and Seonghwa were telling me yesterday."

"But Hongjoong-Hyung..." He clicked his tongue, running his fingers through his hair. "If you get any new information on them, tell me immediately, yeah?" I nodded, trying to share Seonghwa's contact to Yeosang right away because I knew I'd forget later.

"Of course, Yeosang," I said. I looked up as I heard the sound of brakes screeching to a halt and realized a couple of buses were already parked by the side of the road.