hot tub

My week-long stay in C/N's hometown had been informative, to say the least. I'd seen where she learned to walk, where she lost her first tooth, where she picked a fight and got pummeled, where she had her first kiss (that one made me the tiniest bit jealous) and where she got drunk after her senior prom. I was piecing her persona together bit by bit, and she was guiding me along with her dimples and her and dad jokes and her soothing voice.

The one downside to the visit was staying in her parents' guest bedroom, which was closet sized and had a giant Jesus statue above the door in case we so much as thought about doing anything fun. I hadn't slept well, what with the loud clanking of the heater, and C/N was on edge, uncomfortable with the familiarity of her childhood home.

We were exhausted and sweaty when we pulled up to an ivy covered brick building in a nicer part of town. C/N put the car into park and began unbuckling her seatbelt.

"C/N," I began, staring out of the car at the floor to ceiling windows upstairs, blurred yet letting a bit of light through. "Last time I checked, this wasn't your parent's house."

She ignored me, which ticked me off, but then opened my door and extended a hand, which made me flush. I took her hand and let her lead me up to the front door. She fished in her pocket for a moment before producing a key and inserting it into the padlock. "An old friend is a real estate agent. She's selling this place soon."

The doors swung open, revealing a comfy looking living room covered in books and blankets.

"I asked her for one night, just one. It was my dream house as a kid, and you're my dream partner, so it felt right." I trailed her inside, running my hands along the gorgeous wallpaper. "One night, Y/N." She wrapped her arms around my waist and gazed at me with ill contained lust.

To my disappointment, she soon released me, strolling further into the house and unbuttoning her collared shirt, which she'd worn to dinner with her folks. "There's a surprise on the bed upstairs. First room on the left. Meet me outside."

I took one last look around the room before ascending the staircase and strolling into the room she'd mentioned. The lights were dim, and out of the floor-to-ceiling-window, I admired a spectacular view of the town, stretching all the way to the rocky coast.

I turned my attention to the bed, where a simple yet expensive black bathing suit was draped across the comforter. My heart leapt with anticipation as I imagined her eyes darkening when she saw it on me. I pulled it on as quickly as possible.

The backyard path was adorned with fairy lights, and I touched them as I followed it to the garage. I could hear water sloshing from within it, and upon entering the space I came face to face with C/N, wearing nothing but her swim suit and sitting on the edge of a hot tub. I smiled and waved when I saw her, suddenly shy as her eyes unraveled my every nerve.

"Y/N, I..." she rose and strode towards me. "You're perfect."

"You don't look too bad yourself."

"Some people just say 'attractive and amazing and my soulmate', you know."

"Am I just some person now?"

Her eye twitched with amusement and she kissed me on the forehead. "C'mon in, the water's great."

We lowered ourselves into the water and sighed in unison as the water soothed our sore muscles, courtesy of the awful guest room bed. C/N inched closer to me until her thighs were intertwined with mine and her teeth were biting at my bottom lip.

"Thank you, darling," she murmured, her hands caressing my waist. "Thanks for coming home with me."

"Thanks for bringing me," I managed between kisses. "God, C/N, I've missed you."

She chuckled, sending vibrations from her chest through mine like arrows. "It's been a week."

"A week too long," I breathed, diving back in for a deeper kiss. Her hands moved up to my hair, pulling my face closer to hers, begging for more. I hummed against her lips and she pulled away to brush a strand of hair out of my eyes. Her gaze searched mine.

"Look... I don't know if you wanted to do something special tonight, but..." she sighed and her gaze fell. "I'm fucking exhausted. And I don't know if I'll be good like this—"

I cut her off with a hug. Sure, hugs weren't regarded with as possessing the same intimacy as a kiss, but sometimes it said more than a kiss ever could. It said "you're safe".

C/N's chin came to rest on my shoulder after a quick peck to the neck. "Thank you," she whispered, my skin warming against her touch.

I stroked her wet hair and looked out at the fairy light-covered backyard. He'd done more than enough, and here she was thanking me. My beautiful, thoughtful girl.