weekend getaway

The rumbling of the car got louder as we pulled onto the gravel driveway, silent and exhausted. C/N had insisted that we leave right after work/school, trying to maximize our relaxation time. She was putting on a brave face, but I knew she was close to nodding off.

She put the car into park and sighed. I rubbed her shoulder. "Thanks, Bub."

"Anytime" she replied, her voice weary. "Let's grab the bags."

The cabin was chilly, and we made immediate use of the blankets scattered in every room. We popped a Duraflame in the fireplace and took a quick shower together, letting the mirror fog up.

I settled down on the living room couch, holding a copy of Wuthering Heights, my hands thawing by the flames. C/N joined me moments later, pulling on a sweatshirt. She collapsed onto the couch and placed her head in my lap. I put my book aside and stroked her cool cheek. She closed her eyes and yawned.

"Happy?" I asked. She nodded groggily and rubbed her cheek on my sweatpants like cat, getting comfy. I chuckled. "Go to sleep, C/N."

"If I go to sleep, you can't carry me back to bed. I don't want to sleep alone on the couch."

I brushed the hair off of her forehead and kissed it. "Go to bed. I'll be there when the fire goes out." She whined and wrapped her arms around my waist. "I'll make sure I nudge you. Then we can cuddle."

She stood reluctantly, leaned down to kiss me on the head, and returned to the bedroom. I sighed and let myself melt into the couch cushions. Finally, after weeks of endless work, we could relax.

C/N was gone when I woke up the next morning, her side of the bed neatly made, mine looking like the wreckage after a hurricane. I stretched, slid out of bed, and pulled on some socks.

She was curled on top of the pillows in the bay window, sipping tea and staring out of the window. I spotted my toothbrush on the counter, already wet and topped with a pea-sized portion of toothpaste. I popped it into my mouth.

"'Morning," I chirped, my words muffled by the toothbrush. C/N looked surprised to see me. I loved when she got totally immersed in her thoughts like that, blocking out the outside world for brief periods of time as she processed life.

She set her mug down and patted the spot next to her. "You have to see this view up close."

"One sec." I ran over to the sink and washed my brush before returning to her little nook and plopping down next to her.

The window looked out a row of thin pine trees, just barely obscuring a lake in the distance. Daisies framed their roots like dainty bits of lace on a shirt. C/N's E/C eyes scanned the stunning landscape, analytical yet relaxed. Without looking away, she reached under the back of my shirt and gave my back some firm rubs. I rested my head on her shoulder.

When she finished her tea, I trailed her to the sink and watched her wash it out, admiring her precise hands and deliberate neatness. I passed her a paper towel to dry her hands with and she finally turned her whole body and gaze towards me, giving me her full attention.

"So."

"So."

"Here we are." She waved her hands around at the windows.

"Here we are."

"What do you want to do?"

I paused, thinking about it. "Besides move here for good?"

She chuckled. "Besides move here for good. We can't just never leave the AirBnB."

"Why not?" I pouted falsely. She shrugged and her gaze wandered to my lips.

"I know what I want to do today."

"And what's that?"

"Fuck the living shit out of you."

I raised my eyebrows, taken aback by her sudden horniness. She strolled towards me until our torsos touched, then placed her hands on the sides of my ass.

"How do you feel about that itinerary, Y/N?"

The sound of my name being spoken in her morning voice sent shivers down my spine.

"That sounds good," I breathed, and before I knew it, we were racing to the bedroom.

A/N: Sorry this one's short, I ran out of steam.