Chapter Four

Kana's POV:

Her heart pounded in her chest as she stared down her three older brothers. Her mouth had dropped open slightly and she blinked at them a few times. They were here, in front of her, holding the child she'd named.

Anemone flashed before her and she immediately felt Vaughan at her back. Xerxes smiled, "We heard you were back and rushed over, we thought we could surprise you."

She nodded absently, swallowing the lump in her throat. The little girl blinked widely at her and she opened her mouth before closing it again. Feyre appeared and squeezed her shoulders tightly, "We thought you'd like the surprise."

She didn't. And she didn't exactly know if she wanted to let them know that or not. Nodding again she tried to wrap her head around the words she was supposed to say, how she was supposed to act.

"You're here." Was all she could form herself to say. Feyre blinked at her and her sister's arms fell from her shoulders.

Theo nodded and turned his gaze to Vaughan. "And who is this?"

"My friend," She said simply. "He was sent to the other world as a child. Not by choice. So we're here to find his family."

Darwyn's eyes narrowed before Xerxes walked forward and wrapped her in a hug. She tensed and patted her brother's shoulders quickly pulling from his grasp.

She swallowed and blinked at the fae before her. Mother's tits, they were actually standing before her. Theo asked calmly, "Father wants to speak to you, but he also understands if you want to spend some time here before coming home."

Home.

Their definition of home was a giant castle in a mountainous forest region in rask. Where their King and father was. Where their mother and Queen were. Where they had grown up preparing for marriage and ruling a kingdom.

Feyre's definition of home was here in Velaris the City of Starlight. With her chosen family, the family she'd found. Or rather th family that had found her, with Nesta and Elain as well.

Elain who she hadn't even seen yet.

Her home.

Her definition of home was where she'd wake up in her room, preferably with a giant fireplace. And stalk down to eat lunch with ehr godsons. Her daughter-in-law. Rowan had whispered to her that Aelin said it was okay to call her that.

With a golden haired male who she'd almost died to save.

The World where she had spent the last four hundred years.

Where she had developed from the girl she was into the female she is today.

"We'll see." Because she didn't know what else she could use to deflect them. Feyre narrowed her eyes at her and Xerxes nodded. Darwyn asked her carefully, "How have you been?"

She shrugged, "Fine, I suppose. I mean I'm not dead again." Perhaps dark humor could get her out of this fucking situation.

"That's not funny." Theo sighed. Her dark humor failed her, she was fucked.

"Vaughan." Her friend introduced smoothly. Theo nodded and turned to her. "Honestly I didn't think in two years a fae could change so much."

Two years here.

Four hundred years for her.

She shook her head, "A lot of thing have happened."

Feyre smiled, "We could have lunch at the manor, and catch up on everything."