Chapter Two

Rhysand's POV:

Azriel had flown off mid lunch from something his shadows warned him about. He prayed and begged tot eh Mother that it wasn't the Illyrians acting up. After Nesta had killed most of the males in the Rite with her Valkyrie friends the Illyrians seemed to shut the fuck up.

For the moment.

Morrigan was off once again in Montesere pushing for them to sign the Peace Treaty. Cassian kept Nesta tucked into his side, as the walked. His brother with his mate after five hundred years. It was truly a sight to behold. Nesta Archeron took every ounce of fire Cassian had and threw it right back at him. They truly were a perfect match.

Feyre giggled and cradled their son in her arms. Their son. Their son. He smiled just looking at his boys big blue eyes, the way his mate glowed in general.

Thank the Mother for Nesta, thank the mother for giving him this time with her. He truly tried his best to thank the gods whoever would listen everyday for his mate. For his child.

Cassian grumbled, "If the Illyrians are acting up again I say we hire Bryaxis."

"Is the world ending? Cassian did you hit your head?" Nesta cooed, softly pinching his ear. He hissed at her while Feyre laughed. Her laugh. He smiled just hearing it, his mate pulled the blanket tighter around their son. Keeping him warm in the horribly cold weather.

He reached out to his brother and found him surprisingly near the manor. He entered his brother's mind and frowned when Azriel blocked him from seeing through his eyes. Are you okay?

Feyre's Solstice present came late.

You got her a present.

I found another one.

He grumbled and Feyre peered up at him. "Is Azriel okay?"

"He says your solstice present came late."

His mate frowned, "But he already got me a gift."

A gift indeed. His brother seemed to be holding the title for the best gift giver five hundred years later. He'd flown all the way to the continent to get her new paints, as he did the year before. But the paints he got her this time were illuminescent. They glowed in the dark, which Feyre, who'd been pregnant, cried in joy at the gift.

He'd wanted to rip his brother to shred for making her cry. He certainly was a grumpy bastard, an old grumpy bastard. Cassian ruffled his wings trying to keep them warm in the frigid temperatures. He wrapped a shield around them, quickly warming his family.

Nesta hummed ehr thankfulness as they approached the manor gate. Azriel spoke quietly into his mind, Don't kill me, she's going to cry. He paused right before the gate and turned to Feyre, pursing his lips.

"I'm going to throttle him."

"Is he going to make her cry again?" Cassian frowned and he noticed how the gate was slightly ajar. And how the walkway had been cleared of snow. Nesta hesitated taking in a deep breath through her nose.

She pursed his lips and Cassian kissed her on the cheek. Feyre paused as well and frowned. "I think we should plant pine."

"Why?"

Nesta answered harshly, "Pine will cover up the scents that float across the water. The scent of bone, fresh rain, and a hint of mist. Kana's scent."

Kana. Cassian tensed before wrapping his mate tighter to him. Nesta didn't say anything, but she silently rest her head against his brother's shoulder. The wounds, even two years later, were fresh.