"Great," He turned to New, "The house keeper will show you to your room. Retire for the night, tomorrow I will show you around Bangkok."

He then turned to the maid and gave a nod as he walked past her.

"You must be Khun New?" She asked meeting his brown eyes as New nodded. The woman then reached out, "Here, let me help you."

New, realizing she's asking for the duffel bag, quickly said, "Oh, it's okay, I like to carry my own stuff."

"Are you sure?"

New gave her a stretch of his lips, "Yes, it's okay,"

She folded her hands before her as she said, "Follow me,"

While she led him upstairs, she introduced herself, "My name is Jarunee, you may refer to me as Khun Jane or P'Jane. Choose however you like."

They reached upstairs as she walked ahead of him with New looking around as much as he could, "I am the main house keeper,"

They reached the room as she opened the door and they walked in. New following after her as she stopped and turned, "You can tell me if you need anything."

He politely smiled at her and nodded, "Okay krub," She was starting to head out when she stopped and asked, "Do you want me to make something for you or will you rest first?"

"I think I'll just shower and head to sleep."

The house keeper, Jarunee, nodded then, "Everything you may need is available in the bathroom. And if you want anything else-"

"I'll tell you," He softly interrupted, Jarunee then gave him a short smile and left, closing the door behind her.

The room was a master bedroom, same cream colored walls with maroon compliments. There were two windows in the room, one opposite the door and one correspondent to his left.

The bed was queen sized neatly made with white sheets. The color of the wood was chocolate brown in contrast to the milk white cloth of the bench the bedroom set had.

He placed his duffel bag on the said bench situated at the bottom of the bed.

He looked around once more, this time walking up to the window which was at his left.

He opened it and saw a deep forest stretching out. He leaned out a little to see that below was a plain in the name of a garden.

He looked back up and out front, enjoying the view with the wind softly kissing his cheeks.

He then closed the windows and proceeded to have a nice and long hot shower. It relieved a lot of tension from his muscles that he started feeling drowsy.

But when he laid down to sleep, the drowsiness evaporated.

And now here he was, tossing and turning repeatedly, obviously trying to sleep.

He sat up then, he was fed up from his repetitive movements.

There was just so much that he could see in the darkness but he remembered a detail from the evening, this room had a lantern hanging beside the window he had opened.

His left eyebrow cocked a little then. It had been a long while since he had done that.

After contemplating it a little more, he decided that he didn't give a damn about who would think what as he stood from the bed and headed for the lantern.

*

After following up and concluding the remaining work of the past three days, Tay now headed up the spiral stairs.

It was a moonless night and coincidentally the candles of the chandelier in the entrance were blown out too.

He was still a couple of steps away from the opening when a light passed before his vision, as if someone was walking with a lantern. His brows creased.

Was there an intruder?

By instinct, his hand traveled to his waist. He grabbed at the hilt of the silver dagger only to realize that it wasn't there.

A brief memory of him placing it on the table of his study room flashed before his eyes. He blinked,

So what if he didn't have his dagger, anything can be a weapon.

He himself was one.

*

Tay was about to start searching the first floor when he heard whispers coming from the top of the other flight of stairs.

The stairs which led to the rooftop, who was doing what there and at this hour?

Could it be the omega?

Was he trying to run away?

His questions were countered by another thought that if he wanted to run away, he had many chances.

Besides the omega was smart enough to get himself freed.

Not that he would let him go that easily but two and two weren't connecting here.

None the less he started for upstairs to find out.

*

Upon arrival, New saw with the help of the lit lantern in his hand that the door, probably leading to the rooftop, was shut with a heavy old school lock.

The one that opened and closed with the help of a key.

He pressed shut his eyes almost groaning when a stoic voice rang through this body,

"What are you doing?"

Shivers ran over his whole body as he froze, thankfully.

Because his stance would have been ruined had he flinched- he turned around, not too slow, not too fast as raised the lantern in his hand with nails digging into his palm- in front of the alpha.

"Why have you lurked behind me like a ghost?"

New was so glad that his voice didn't crack at that moment.

Tay's dark eyes shined with the light coming from the lantern,

"Why are you lurking around my property?"

"Matter of the fact," He countered quickly, "You brought me here."

"And that makes you a guest, I suppose."

"Not exactly."

A lot was said in just two words as silence took over then.

A slight awkward tension spread between them then but not once did New take off his dark brown gaze off the other. His nails further digging into his palm to withstand the awkwardness.

"Very well,"

The alpha broke the eye contact as New pulled in a silent breath of relief while he was not looking,

The alpha put his black burning gaze on him as he'd questioned,

"But why do you want to go to the rooftop?"

~~~~~~~

DA note: I am sorry if the chapter is not up to the mark and do you all think too that there is that kind of a tension between these two?