Chapter Ten

Lying on the bed of the master bedroom that was prepared for him and him only, New tossed and turned endlessly.

Even after running a marathon, sleep was no where in a hundred meter radius within him.

Usually when he did physical activity half the amount of what he'd done today, he'd fall asleep the second he would hit the sack.

Was it because of the comfort of his own bed and the familiarity of his own room?

Or was it because of the eery darkness in the spacious room?

The window was open, letting cool air in every now and again, but aside from that it wasn't much of a help in the darkness as it was a moonless night.

Not that New was scared but it just didn't give him a sense of peace in this new place.

He stopping paying attention to those thoughts as he tossed again and landed flat on his back.

He sighed out loud as his mind reeled back to the evening.

It was pretty uneventful, how it went afterwards buying the sticky rice and grilled pork from the market.

Sunset was somewhat half an hour or forty minutes away when they'd finally arrived at his residence.

In all the chaos that took place within last forty eight hours, he had no time to ponder over how the place, where the head alpha of Vihokratana resided, would look like.

It struck him when they stood outside of the place and his eyes fell on the said building.

It had kind of surprised him though, when he saw the place was painted with decent colors and wasn't that dark.

The alpha had headed first as New trailed behind slowly still observing the color scheme of the house and the frames of the windows.

The borders and the front gate of the house were a garnet maroon and the walls a cream white.

A pretty classy color combination, he must admit.

It was colored the same way on the inside too, he noticed as he stepped in through the door.

The entrance was pretty much empty except for a few pots of greenery that hung from the ceiling with a golden chandelier of candles.

He saw blown out half melted candles there. Aside from that, on his left and right were closed mahogany doors with steps in front of them. It was the same at the front but with double doors.

A few steps beside it was a spiral staircase, black colored metal structure with thick mahogany steps.

Just as he'd completely looked around, he heard a shrill and old voice greeting, "Welcome back, alpha."

He turned his face to see a woman half of his height, probably in her late forties or early fifties.

She wore a peach pink shirt and white pants with a floral apron on top of them which had green outlines.

"Had March conveyed my message?"

"Yes, alpha. All the preparations have been made."