Chapter Thirty Nine

Start from the beginning

Harry was so perfect, but he was the most un-understanding, understanding person ever. Basically, Harry had this thing where whenever Zayn had to leave, he understood, but at the same time made a fuss of it. He would kick up a fight, go on about how Zayn was really secretive and how he didn’t like it, but he’d let him go anyway. Guess you could describe him as stubbornly un-stubborn. But, Zayn kind of liked that. Normally when he left somewhere, no one would really care where he went. Harry did. Harry cared about where he was going, he was just being protective, and deep down, it made Zayn feel so cared for it was unreal. Harry had been acting all over the place recently though. Especially in class, if that Mr Tomlinson would walk into one of the lessons, he’d whispered something to Harry before sending Zayn a dirty look and walking out. Just another person who treated him like dirt, Zayn sighed to himself, before he picked up his phone and switched it on, going through the unread texts that he had received from Niall, asking if he wanted to hang out with him and Li.

As Zayn went through his phone, he heard his door slowly creep open. He couldn’t help but look up at it in fright, his first reactions thinking that it might be his Father, and that Zayn might end up hitting the conservatory roof again, but when he saw his little sister crawl into the room, he simply looked back at his phone, pretending he hadn’t seen her. He heard her tiny hands and knees scuff the floor as she crawled across the small space of his bedroom. He felt his duvet cover lift up, and realised that she was crawling into his bed. She leaned on his leg at one point and he hit her over the head from under the duvet, before she emerged from the duvet next to him.

“Sup, termite?” He asked Waliyha, before attempting to cover up his feet in the duvet, which had been messed up by his sister when she crawled into his bed.

“Is Dad home?” she whispered quietly, and Zayn’s heart broke once more. The fact that his younger sister couldn’t even face going downstairs on her own because she was petrified to see her Father was just wrong. This should never have happened, and he only blamed himself. He wrapped one of his arms around her and cuddled her.

“No, it’s alright babe. He’s at work.” Zayn told her, placing a kiss on her dark hair before looking back at his twitter feed. Ever since Liam had made him one, he had become a bit addicted. Waliyha simply nodded before she looked at Zayn’s top. It was the dark blue tee that Harry had leant him a while ago.

“Where’s that from? You went shopping without me?” She suddenly burst out, and Zayn chuckled.

“No, don’t worry. Got it from a friend.” Zayn replied, even though all his mind wanted to do was yell out how his beautiful boyfriend and love of his life had given it to him after giving him a blowjob because he was upset. But, that was not exactly appropriate, or accurate. Harry was not his boyfriend, however much it felt like it.

“Looks a bit…gay.” Waliyha snickered, and Zayn scowled down at her and hit the back of her head again.

“Where did you hear that expression? That’s not the best thing to say, you know.” Zayn replied, his eyebrows furrowed in a scowl as he went through his twitter still. Waliyha rolled her eyes as she rubbed the back of her head.

“Just school.” She replied in a huff, and Zayn looked down from his phone and at his little sister.

“It’s not big and it’s not clever, you know. A little word like that could affect someone in a big way.” Zayn told her, thinking that she’d probably picked it up from the older kids in her school.

“Alright, alright, I get it, I wont say it again.” She quickly cut him off, probably growing bored of her lecture. He knew that she was only a kid and didn’t know any better, but he didn’t want her growing up and saying something like that would have no consequences. There was a silence as Zayn went back to his phone, reading one of Perrie Edwards tweets before his sister let out a sigh.

“What is it now, squirt?” He asked her, before she rolled over and looked up at him with those big brown eyes of hers.

“I’m bored.” She huffed, and he chuckled to himself.

“It’s only the start of the half term, and you’re already bored. Why don’t you go downstairs and tell Safaa to shut up singing?” Zayn laughed, before he tickled his younger sister, which made her burst into laughter as she wriggled about. It was good to see her so happy again, but it wouldn’t last. Nothing lasted around here.

“It is annoying, but have you heard you when Chris Brown is on? With you, with you, with you, with youuuuuu!” Waliyha suddenly mocked him, making her voice go deep and sound, well, terrible.

“Oh, and have you ever heard yourself when you sing on the loo? These wings are made to flyyyyyyyy!” Zayn then retorted playfully, before singing the Little Mix lyric high pitched in order to mock his sister. He started tickling her again, and it turned into a bit of a wrestle, although Zayn was easily winning. They were both singing to tease each other as they playfully fought, but soon the door swung open and Safaa stood at the door in her bright pink onsie.

“Mum says shut up and come down for breakfast. You sound like a pair of wailing whales.” Safaa suddenly called out loudly, folding her arms across her chest in a huff. Zayn sat up in bed with a smirk on his face.

“Oh yeah? You want to say that to my face, squirt?” He asked her playfully, before grabbing Waliyha under one arm and jumping out of bed. Safaa squealed and tried to run off, but Zayn was too quick for her and snatched her up into his arms as well. His arm, with his newly taken off cast, hurt a little, but his sisters were happy, as he carried them both through the house, making them laugh and squeal, he wasn’t going to let his body ruin that.