Now secondly, coming to my point now....let me make it clear....for once and for all....that....(pause)...I do not see Bondita in such light....she is my responsibility....just a child since I saw her first. I adore her as her guardian. I did not marry her to get a child and live a general family life with her. We have miles to go kaaka. She has a lot to achieve before moving into a family life, a self-reliant individual who'll work for a greater social cause, our dream to bring in change. Please do not drag this issue any more. I hope you understand kaaka...kakaaa..are you getting my point?" I jerked kaka whose gaze was fixated at me as if the earth beneath him is pulled away.

"Aannniiirruudddhh" Kaka blared up jumping up his seat.

"Kaka please try to...."

Trilochan RC (interrupting) - Stop Your speech now. What rubbish are talking about? You spoke...I did not interrupt. Now you listen to me without cutting me in midway.

I drew a deep sigh surrendering to the much anticipated response....yes I knew this was coming. He being a stiffbone is renowned as a hard nut to crack in Tulsipur and even in the nearby villages.

Trilochan RC (gritting his teeth) - Anirudh....son...what kind of insanity is this? You say she is not grown up yet to give birth to a child....do you know by the time Shubhra was of Bondita's age she was already a mother to you and Som. Most of the women are fit to become a mother by this age in our society. Just look around yourself. Come on Anirudh....Come out of your London hangover....its high time now you need to understand and adjust yourself to fit into this environment now. It's our tradition and we have been following it and will continue to follow this at any cost.

"Kaaka....No...first try to..."

Trilochan RC (interrupting again in a foaming tone) - Stop...let me complete first. This is not your London where women of same age will dance with men shamelessly in skimpy clothes all in the name of studying, like you tapped your feer at your convocation ball night.

" Arey kaka....Now you are going a little bit too far...what does it got to do with Bondita?" I flung up my hands up in the air getting a bit agitated now.

Trilochan RC - What wrong did i say? I know about your whereabouts very well? Remember I raised you brothers up after your mother left. You used to urinate upon my lap.

"Here we go again...same blackmail everyday on every point" I sighed out of dismay and gritted my teeth in irritation.

Trilochan RC - Anirudh....Bouma will not go to school anymore. Let her learn things that are compulsory for her. Enough of your obsession with making her a barrister. First people commenting on her clothes every next day and now making a public mockery of this very private feminine issue at school; has left no prestige of our daughter in law in society. (In a warning tone) Do not forget son....if one finger points at her. So, hundred fingers raise upon you....upon our family's reputation. You regard yourself her husband or not but the world does. Now the breach of our long preserved prestige is at stake. I can't tolerate my daighter-in-law's defamation anymore.
And...now coming to my point....you said she is not your wife...just a child whom you adore...a responsibility, right? You did not bring her for living a family life? Fine. (With an outraged look) Then do one thing...drop her to her ma at Devipur and come back. Stay a life of an ascetic and continue working over your obsession of transforming society alone....What did you say? Ah yes...greater social cause....yes...work alone, without her. I'll finance her livelihood and you don't dare to meet her like an affectionate guardian...if you don't regard her as your wife, then no use of her staying here as the RC's daughter in law.

" What?? kaka" I stood astounded at his decision "how can you speak like that? Just because I don't look upon her in that light....does that mean she is not a part of this family?"