"Let me get a pen." She shuts the door, and nothing has changed in the neighbourhood. My eyes slowly dragged themselves to my former house, and my heart pounded against my chest as I noticed the same car. They are still there.

The door opens and Alex's mother hands me a note; I peek down at the address, but she slams the door in my face before I can say thank you. I turn around and start looking for a taxi.

I've forgotten my bag in the taxi, and even after I chased after him. I tuck my phone into my back pocket and make my way up the stairs, my fingers shake, and I fear the fact to press the doorbell. I step away from the door, swallowing the tears in my eyes.

I press onto the doorbell and take a few steps back, "one second!"

The door opens, Alexandra's eyes meet mine as it is as if the whole past is pushed behind us. I wipe my nose with my sleeve, "you-your mother told me you'd be here,"

"Angelos, who is it?" Ares opens the door wider, and I look down into his arms to see a baby, she has a child. She has a family. Oh god, you selfish idiot! I look in between the both of them, suddenly feeling as if I should be on my way and just sleep on the streets for the time being.

"I'm sorry. I am so sorry, I should go..." I whisper, turning away immediately. I begin making my way down the path.

"Catherine! Stop!" I turn around as she walks down the steps. "Come on, it's snowing and chilly outside. Come in."

This is where it happens, i break down in her arms. When my emotions deal me the "sadness card," tears flow. My tears are what keep my spirit alive in the midst of this agony.

They cannot erase what has been but can only carry me forward till that searing pain is distant enough to forget more than remember, and perhaps one day erase itself from my mind.

So, while thanking my tears and being proud to cry may seem strange, if it is what keeps me from becoming a monster, a person insensitive to agony and sorrow, then crying is the wisest thing I can do. "I am so sorry Alexandra, I really am..." I whisper out, she helps me inside the house. My torn-up shoes messes up her floors, but she does not seem to mind,

"Come on, let's get you into a nice warm shower, and I'll get you some fresh clothes." I nod my head; she unlocks a door and helps me inside. I look around, it looks like a guest bedroom. A clean bed, with white sheets. She walks in ahead of me and opens the cupboard draw, she takes out fresh towels and settles them onto the bed.

I unzip my hoodie, and gently fold it onto the empty desk. "I'm going upstairs to get you some clothes." I turn to face her, and her eyes widen a little, but enough to tell me that I look dreadful.

I could see the pity.

She walks inside the bathroom and turns on the water. "Y-You have a daughter?" I whisper gently. She releases a soft chuckle.

"Yes, I do. Her names Adeline, she's only a few months old." I smile.

"You've always wanted children, she looks beautiful."

"Thank you, Catherine, and she is. I'll let you hold her once you get settled in if you want."

I had a daughter....

"Let me get you some clothes, I'll leave it on the bed, and you come out whenever you want. Are you hungry?" My growling stomach answers for her.

"It's fine, really. I don't want to be a bother. I shouldn't have turned up...I don't want to be a disruption." She shakes her head.

"Don't be silly, you're always welcome. I'll leave you to get settled." I walk to the restroom, close the door behind me, and look in the mirror.

My face was severely messed up. But I managed to do it.

I did it.

I ran away.

I step inside the shower, and I let the hot water drip down my back, colouring my blonde hair.

I am still not safe.

My hands press against the tiles, I am finally able to breathe though. He is not behind me or forcing himself into me. I stayed in the shower for a good thirty minutes before exiting, I grab the towel and wrap it around my body. I change into the clothes she gotten me and look down to see my phone on the bedside table. I pick it up and see messages from Maxwell.

MAXWELL: Are you seriously ignoring your husband? I know this is just a phase, I'm giving you three days to come back.

Three days.

Three days to come back.

I switch off my phone and throw it onto the bed, I exit out of the room and see Alexandra arguing with-Adonis. Adonis is here? Oh god, oh god no, no, no! This is embarrassing. "Come sit, Cathy. I prepared some food for you." I make my way towards her, keeping my head down. I shouldn't be here. I should not bring my problems onto them. She settles me a tray with food, and hands me some utensils.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the girl from the club, see, I remember you." My eyes turn and I look into his, he holds onto the contact and his eyes scale down my face. Probably looking at how bruised it is, his brows conjoined with something...confusion?

"Adonis, stop." Ares orders.

"You look beautiful Cathy," he whispers gently. I look away from him and use my hair as a shield to cover my face. Then he disappears into thin air and Alex settles down beside me holding Adeline in her arms.

I look down at her, "she has your hair...and Ares' eyes...she's absolutely beautiful Alexandra..." She lets out a soft chuckle, grazing her cheeks.

"She is, isn't she?" Adeline pokes her hands out and wraps it around my hair, she gently yanks on it. A smile cascading her toothless face. "And she likes you, do you want to hold her?" I hesitate for a moment, before bringing her into my arms.

"I'm scared for my life Alexandra, he's after me." I whisper out, tears falling down my cheeks.

"Who is?" She asks.

"My husband."

PLEASE VOTE DOWN BELOW! THE STAR! IT SUPPORTS MY BOOK AND HELPS ME AS AN AUTHOR!