An little after an hour we were finally done and I was really happy with the results of my hair.

"Your hair looks much lighter" I touch Lola's hair which now looked a more platinum blonde than her natural hair.

I wonder how I would look like as a blonde.

"I know, I like it. Something new, right?" She runs her fingers through her hair and I nod.

Once we were in the car I realized I did get a message from my mom after all.

I'll try to be there. But you know how busy I am

I sigh reading her message, that always seemed to be her excuse whenever it came to me or anything that involved me.

But for her other kids, she had all the time in the world. I wonder what I did to make her like me less than her other kids. Dad tells me that their divorce was a slightly messy one but that's all he ever says about it.

I can't remember the last time I had a full conversation with my mom. She left when I was six years old and got pregnant a year later with CJ. Ever since then my dad has been my full time parent.

He did everything for me. He learned how to do my hair, play with me and even gossiped with me from time to time about any middle school drama. He was always there, even when he didn't know how to be a single parent. That's more than what I could ever say about my mom.

I just hope that at least my brothers and sisters had a fulfilling childhood and that my mom was better to them than she was to me.

"Let's get food!" I blurted out finally training away from my thoughts and she agrees saying she was starving.

Spending time with Lola really helped me feel better, although I still was worried about Heath and graduation, I got my mind off of it for a while.

"My gosh, don't look now. But Henry is here." She looks behind me and scoffs.

"He's still rocking that black eye though." She slurps up her smoothie and I can't help but turn around.

I'm bad at not doing what people tell me not to do. Does that make sense?

"I told you not to look!" She grabs my arms as I fully turn myself around.

"Alright sorry. I just wanted to see that rat with my own eyes." I shake my head.

I'm still holding a grudge against Henry because of what he said and did. I knew that creepy smile was much more of an act than he led on.

"Oh my god, he's coming over here. Try not to loose it." She quickly whispers and lowers her gaze.

"Hey, Thalia. Lola." He acknowledges and I don't even know why he decided to come over.

"No man to fight for you now huh?" He mocks and I sigh.

"Do you hear that? Sounds like the whines of some sewage rat." I joke and he suddenly thinks he's Wreck it Ralph because he slams his hands on the table.

"Watch it. Or I swear I'll-"

"You'll what Henry? You came to us, not the other way around. So get out." Lola sasses as she looks up at an angry Henry.

"You two are a bunch of whiny bitches anyway. I can't believe I ever thought you were hot." He directs to me but I don't say anything, no longer wanting to deal with him.

Plus he's the one sounding whiny right now.

"Bitch" He thinks be did something when he flicks my napkin off the table and it falls onto the floor as he walks away.

"Oh, I'm about to lose it now-" Lola stands from her seat but I grab her hand.

"Don't do anything, Lola." I said calmly to her as I lean down to reach the napkin.

"But he just called you-"

"It's fine, he's just mad. Karma will get to him." I smile gently and she sighs as she takes her seat once again.

"You're too good." She shakes her head as she slightly chuckles.

Eventually Lola and I leave passing by a glaring Henry but I didn't pay any attention to him. He doesn't deserve it and never did.

On the ride to the nail salon, I check my phone not for any specific reason but find myself getting a little disappointed when I saw no new messages from Heath.

If he didn't want to speak with me right now, that was fine because I knew he needed the space. But I really just wanted to know whether he would come tomorrow or not.

I didn't want to get my hopes up for another person to disappoint me again.

I turn on the radio to better the silence and lay my head onto the window until we got to the nail salon.

In a short amount of seconds, I drifted away into a deep sleep. Sleeping my worries away.

And I had a really good dream involving a special cute, someone.....

I'm not saying who though.

—————————————————————
A/N
Hope u guys are enjoying <3
Thanks for reading 😊😽

7/24/22