22

"We named him Harold

"We named him Harold." CJ says as Sarah, Jack, Kenzie and I surround the fish bowl.

"He's sleeping!" Jack points out, the small gold fish 'sleeping' upside down.

"He sleeps a lot." Jack frowns and taps on the glass.

As their older sister I didn't have the heart to tell them that their fish Harold, wasn't sleeping. But instead was dead. I can't do that, I'm not a cruel person.

"He's so cute" I said crouching down to view into the bowl.

Yup, he's dead alright.

"Let's go downstairs" CJ says, taking Jack and Kenzie downstairs. Sarah stays back and pokes me on my arm.

"I know he's not really sleeping but I don't want them to get sad" She admits, that was kinda sweet.

"We can go out later and replace it before they realize." I offer and she agrees.

Unfortunately I had to stay at moms house this weekend since my dad was going to be away for business. I liked spending time with my siblings and all the only part I dreaded was having my mom criticize everything I do.

She does it quite often but she acts like an angel with her other kids. It would be nice if my own mom was actually interested in my life and wanted to be apart of it but I'm used to the relationship we have now. I guess it won't change.

My phone dings and I glance down to read a message from Heath. He was getting out of work in an hour and I told him I would stop by to hang out with him.
Last night was fun, being all alone with him and it was my first sleepover. With a guy.

This morning I had woken up to him cuddling me and I could not believe it, so I snapped a picture when he was still sleeping. Now I have it forever. He makes me feel all jittery and happy in the inside for some reason, I hope I make him feel the same way.

"Thalia, I heard it was almost your birthday. Any plans?" Anthony asks, sitting at the kitchen table.

Anthony was a relaxed and nice man, I didn't have a problem with him at all. In fact I often question why he was still with my mom but love is love, I guess.

" Not that I know of. I still haven't really planned anything." I sit down on the chair right next to him as breakfast was about to be served.

Hopefully I actually got to eat some this time.

"Well if you want anything specific for your birthday, let me know." He says and I already have many ideas.

"I'll send you a list." I said and he chuckles but I wasn't even joking. I love presents but I also loved giving people presents, it fills my heart.

Once everyone was seated at the table they all quickly start grabbing food and I feel like I have to rush to even have food to eat. They're like animals. I shift in my seat and clear my throat feeling a little awkward to speak to my mom.