34

I look up into the ceiling as I count off two minutes

I look up into the ceiling as I count off two minutes. I skipped a few numbers purposely just to make it go by faster.

Heath and Duke were playing video games in the living room, each time I would interrupt Heath would tell me two more minutes. But it's been ten.

"Shoot! Shoot! Are you fucking deaf?!? Did you not just hear what I said?" Duke shouts, standing up with the controller in his hand.

"I gotta go" Heath stands, placing down the controller.

"You just got us killed. Fine, I'll play by myself." I hear Duke whine.

I watch Heath as he comes over to me on the opposite couch and I sit up, ready as he takes my hand and leads me upstairs into his room.

Beau was laying on the bed, even though he wasn't supposed to be. Heath didn't like it, which is why once Beau sees Heath enter the room he jumps off the bed with his head low.

Caught red handed, poor Beau.

I run to his bed and jump on, landing on my stomach. I scoot up to lay my head on the head board and watch as Heath lays next to me.

"Are you ready?" I ask him and hop into his lap, it's my new favorite spot.

He nods but I can tell he was hesitant about it all.

"Get your floaties on because today you learn how it feels to swim. Okay?" I put my hands on his shoulders and lean in closely so that my forehead is touching his.

"Okay." He agrees, sounding serious.

"Don't worry, I'll save you if you start drowning." I smile and feel as his hands land on my waist, like they would always do.

Maybe I shouldn't put that in his head.

"Not that you will drown, I mean you could but you won't. You know why? Because you have the best teacher right here." I point to myself. I was a pretty good swimmer if I do say so myself.

"Not to brag or anything but I've been told that I swim like a frog." I was totally bragging of course, it's my specialty.

"You're not scared, are you?" I ask him softly and he shakes his head.

"no" He answers, I gotta take his word for it because I wouldn't be able to tell if he was scared or nervous.

"Then put on your swimming trunks and get ready to make BBM moves." I get off of him and stand up so that he could get up.

"What's BBM?" He asks as he walks towards his closet.

"Big Boss Man Moves. Duh." I shake my head and sit back down on the bed as I wait for him to get ready.

I was already in my brown two piece, I also put on a white cover up while we were still waiting for Lola and Mateo to arrive. We were finally going to put Heaths pool to use and teach him to swim. I was going to need help because I wasn't as confident as I sounded.