12

"Are you sure we're allowed to be inside?" Lola asks as we stand in front of Heaths house

"Yeah, totally." I say, that being a teeny tiny lie. I look up at the tall gated fence surrounding the house.

"Then why do we have to sneak in?" She asks, following me around the corner.

"We're not sneaking in, we're just trying to get in without him knowing." I explain, that's like the same thing isn't it.

"Think of it like we're surprising him" I say trying to climb this fence.

He'll be surprised alright.

"Give me a boost will ya?" She crouches down and helps me get a hold onto the top of the fence.

"Lola?" I say, shutting my eyes.

"Yeah?" She looks up at me but she can't see my face.

"I'm scared of heights" I admit and open one eye.

"It's okay, just don't look down." She says as if it's that easy.

Don't look down, don't look down.

I looked down.

"I looked down, sorry I'm scared." I grab tightly onto the top of the fence and slightly feeling myself slipping.

"Don't worry, I'm coming" I hear her say and I'm in shock.

"What? Why would you be coming at a time like this- oh you meant that coming, got it." I'm embarrassed, when I see what she meant she's trying to get over the fence.

"Alright now I'm gonna climb to the other side and you try to climb down, I'll catch you." She tells me her plan and I'm sorta listening.

Even though I'm internally busy praying that I don't fall and break a leg. It's happened before, believe me.

"Okay, now slowly start making your way down." She says once she's on her feet, she holds her arms out for me in case I fall.

"Okay, here I come!" I whisper shout. And let out a small laugh when I notice how bad that sounds.

"Oh. This isn't so bad-woah" My hands slipped and I tried to hold on but my hands were really sweaty.

"Oh my god, Thalia. Are you okay?" Lola says from above me, just watching me on the floor as I barely stay conscious.

Just kidding, I'm fine just a broken spine, that's all.

"You said you would catch me" I groan and rub my back, as I go to stand up.

"I was but you just fell too fast...sorry." She pursed her lips, and dusts off any dirt on me.

"It's fine. The hard parts over, now we can just get inside." I sigh and turn around to the house.