10.

panic was written across the green-eyed boys face.

"if it was something bad, there would be more than 1 car right?" mike asks.

"i don't know," dutin said. "we should go see whats going on, c'mon."

the group walked hesitantly to the door, checking if the door is locked. it's not.

"what's going-" will was cut off when he saw what was in front of him.

"will, sweetie, you're home!" joyce said with a smile and hugged him.

"dad?!" el exclaimed.

"ohhh the last name makes sense now. hopper is your father?" mike asked curiously.

"okay, so hopper is here, nothing bad happened, but what's going on?" will asked, looking at the two adults.

"sweetie, don't get mad, okay? me and hop, we're kinda together." joyce said, still smiling.

"that's- that's great! i love hopper, and i love you, mom, i want you to be happy." her son replies, a smile playing at his lips.

the boy hugs his mother.

"that's cool and all, but why did hopper come here in the police car? we thought something bad happeend." lucas said, feeling bad about interrupting the moment.

"he just got off work and i called him to come over. i thought you guys were going over to mikes house after your dinner." joyce explained.

"we wanted a different scenery." mike replies.

joyce gives a slight nod.

"have you called your parents and told them where you're going to be?" joyce asked.

lucas, dustin, and max nod their heads. el and will obviously don't need to cause their parents are in the room.

"mike what about you?" joyce asked.

"they wouldn't care." mike said under his breath, but joyce didn't hear.

"i'm sorry sweetie, what did you say?"

"i said 'yeah, i did, don't worry.'" mike lied, wearing a fake smile.

"okay, you guys can hang out here, just don't be too loud, me and hop need to talk." joyce says and the 6 kids go to wills room.

"do you think they'll get married?" dustin asks.

"i don't know, i don't care. i just want my mom to be happy. if she does end up marrying him i wouldn't be opposed, also if they do, i would have an amazing sister." will says.

"mike, why did you lie to joyce about telling your parents where you are?" max asked. "i know you didn't tell them."

"because, they wouldn't care. anyway, will, i'm glad your mom found someone to make her happy." mike said, quickly changing the subject.

"yeah, me too."

the kids talk about nothing and everything at the same time. mostly about what they're doing next week since that's when summer starts.

"let's all go to the movies!" dustin suggested.

"that would be fun." lucas said and the rest agreed.

"and maybe the arcade?" will replied.

after making plans for the summer, max said "this is gonna be one of the best summers ever." to which everyone agreed.

"hey," el said, "when we're older, do you think we'll all be friends?"

"of course." will said.

"no, like, as close as we all are right at this moment. i know i'm really late to the group but you guys are definitely some of my best friends. i would die for you guys." el admitted.

"nothing is ever going to happen to our friend group, i promise." mike said. "even if we do end up drifting apart, we'll all find our way back to each other."

the group is now in a comfortable silence, there's rarely ever an uncomfortable silence between them, only when they fight, which isn't very often.

during the next three months, the 6 teenagers had the time of their life. laughing, crying, fighting, making up, couples making out, and those memories are going to be with them forever. nothing will compare to what the kids have gone through together.

3 years later, graduation

in the last 3 years, troy and james stopped bullying people, probably in fear of people finding out their dirty little secret, but either way, the rest of the partys' school life was pretty peaceful.

dustin and lucas put a label on their relationship, max and el are still going really strong, and of course will and mike are inseparable.

"what are you guys doing after graduation?" dustin asked.

"well, me and mike, we decided to move in together, still in hawkins, so we're still close to our family." will said.

"mike, has your parents came around on you being gay?" max asked.

"no, but the funny part is she supports nancy and robin's relationship. i mean i expected it, she's the favourite, but it's whatever." mike said. "hey, will, is jonathan and steve still together? i haven't heard any different but i just wanna know."

"yeah, jonathan decided to move in with him, uhm, don't tell steve, especially you, dustin, but jonathan is planning on proposing to him this week." will said in a whisper.

"that's awesome!" mike replied.

"do you think nancy will ever make that move on robin?" el asked.

"nah, i think robin will make that big gesture." mike said honestly.

"okay enough with sibling romances, we have a graduation to get to." lucas said.

the now graduating teens take their seats, waiting for their names to be called. mike looked at the audience, seeing all these people, trying to look for his parents, but only seeing nancy, robin, and holly. of course they didn't even go to their own sons graduation he thought to himself.

after graduation is over, hopper, joyce, jonathan, and steve came over to mike and hugged and congratulationed him on graduation, nancy, robin, and holly doing the same for will and el.

"mike, i'm sorry mom and dad aren't here, i tried to get them to come but-" nancy says but gets cut off by mike.

"it's okay, nance, you and holly and robin being here is enough. didn't want them to come anyway." mike said with a smile.

for probably the last time in a while, the party is at mikes house, but not to hang out, but to help him pack his stuff up. jonathan was kind enough to let will and mike use his car to hold the stuff mike wanted to take. the stuff he didn't grab, he told nancy to keep them safe, that he would take them if he had the room to, but he doesn't want them tossed.

they already found a place, since they have been planning on living together since pretty much forever but as just roommates, but being boyfriends living together is a much better idea. before they left to live on their own, nancy slipped the ring mike was keeping safe in his pocket whispering a good luck.

so here's this chapter, there's going to be one last chapter and then that's the end. okay bye