4.

"will, c'mon, and no lying cause i heard the entire thing, i didn't know you had other best frie- ohhh, you like max?" mike said, it not regeresting that will was talking about him.

"he better not." max said

"n-no, mike." will said, hoping it would occur to him.

"will, come with me, to the restroom. i need to tell you something in private."

"o-okay."

mike and will go into the restroom, looking to make sure no one is there.

"mike-" will started to say but he was cut off by mike, kissing his lips softly.

"will, i've loved you for so long and i never would have thought you could ever feel the same. i get butterflies when you look at me. it never goes away. i have dreamed about us being together for the rest of our lives and not in a platonic way. william byers, i love you so much."

"i love you too." will responds and gets on his tipy toes and kisses mike.

"what do you think they're talking about in there?" max asks dustin and lucas.

"they're probably making out." dustin jokes.

"ew gross." lucas says, "also, dustin, where's suzie? we haven't seen her."

"oh, we broke up, why?"

"wait, you and suzie are dating?" luas asked

"no, i said we broke up, we WERE dating."

"you know what i meant. why did you two break up?"

"i don't wanna talk about it. we were talking about what's going on in the restroom with wike." dustin said.

"that's a stupid name. i think they should be called mill." lucas argued.

"no, those are both dumb, it should be byler." max said, rolling her eyes.

"that's a good one, yeah!" lucas agrees.

a few minutes later, will and mike comes out of the restroom holding hands.

"so...?" max says

"we are together." mike says in a whisper, showing the party their hands.

"congratulations. hope it goes well." max says.

mike checks the time on his watch.

"i need to go home before my parents. see you guys later." mike says in a hurry, before walking out of the door he kisses will on the cheek.

mike gets home just in time for steve to leave and make it look like he's been home all day when his parents come home.

"hey mike." karen says when she walks in the door.

"hello." the boy said, not looking up from reading a comic.

his dad never really talks to him, but that doesn't matter.

mike and will decide to keep what they have going on a secret from everyone except for the party. suzie hangs out with them sometimes but not as much as she used to, but that's okay.

at dinner time at the byers, will and jonathan are eating some pizza they made together. joyce isn't home, she's working tonight until by the time will goes to bed. she's a good mother, she really is, but she also has to work extra hours sometimes so there's more money. after jonathan gets a job, whenever that will be, joyce doesn't have to work extra hours so the family is together more often.

"so will, how was the arcade?" jonathan asks while they're both finishing the pizza.

"it was great, we had lots of fun." will says with a big smile.

"that's good. you seem happy."

"i really am."

at the wheelers, however, it's much different.

"so, nancy, how was work?" ted says, eating a bite of his chicken.

"it was good." is all what nancy replied with.

"wow, thanks, my day was also good, thanks for asking." mike says, getting fed up with literally being ignored.

"michael-" ted starts saying.

"i'm not hungry anymore, i'm going to my room."

it only took a few seconds for nancy to get up and check on her brother.

"mike, what was that just now? are you okay?"

"you wouldn't understand." mike is on the verge of tears. no stop it mike, boys don't cry.

"i-is this about will?" she was careful about her word choice to not upset him, just incase it is about will.

"n-no it-its not. it's the fact that the only one in this family that really cares about me is you. dad practically ignores my existence 90% of the time, mom, s-she talks to me sometimes but i-its obvious that holly is the favorite and they care about you and her more than they do about me." mike, now crying, says.

before he knows it, nancy's hugging him but let's go

"sorry, i know you don't really like people touching you without a warning." nancy apologises.

"n-no it's fine, i really need a hug." he responds and hugs nancy. "thank you."

"you're my brother. no need to thank me."

"do you want me to leave? you seem like you wanna be alone." nancy says after a new moments of silence.

"if you don't mind, please." mike wasn't trying to be rude, he just wants to be alone sometimes.

"okay." nancy says and leaves, actually closing the door behind her.

mike sits there for a few moments and gets bored, so he picks up his walkie talkie.

"will, are you there? over."

"hey mike. over." you can hear wills smile, which makes mike smile

"i miss you."

"i miss you too."

okay so that's the 4th chapter, yay they're together. how cute :) i hope you're enjoying this fic<3