2.

"no, that's crazy." mike said trying to sound serious

"mike," nancy knows better, he's lying.

"okay, fine. don't tell him, but i do need to talk about it with him, but i'm going to be vague. i hope he doesn't know i like him." mike said, drying his face that is wet with tears, goes to the sink and splashes water on his face and drys it again.

nancy goes to get will from the kitchen.

"mike wants to talk to you." nancy says to will

"o-okay." he says following nancy.

"i'll call joyce and jonathan and tell them you're here, we should have done that already." nancy says going up the stairs to go call ms. byers and jonothan.

"hey," mike said.

"are you okay?" will asked. you can tell by his face that he cares for his best friend.

"im okay, really." mike said smiling.

"okay, nancy said you needed to talk?" will brought up.

"yeah, come sit," the other said patting the seat next to him and will sat down.

"there's this feeling i have, it's eating me up, i feel like i'm going crazy, it's like I'm losing my mind."

"yeah, sometimes i feel like i'm going crazy too." will said

"hey, well, if we're both going crazy, then we'll go crazy together, right?"

"yeah, crazy together." will said. both boys smiling.

"will?"

"yeah?"

"you're my best friend, i'm so glad i asked you to be friends with me that one day." mike said, looking at will still.

"me too,"

"it was the best day of my life." both boys said in unison and started laughing cause they read each other's minds.

"i love you will, i love you." "i need you in my life forever."

"what?"

"huh? did i say something?" mike said trying not to panic cause what if he heard mike say that he loves him.

"you said you need me in your life forever? what does that mean?"

before mike could answer, nancy hollered for will for him to go home. it's currently 10:45pm

that was a close one.

at school the next morning, mike seemed more out of it than yesterday.

"mike, are you okay?" lucas asked. "this is the 5th time you zoned out and it's only 9am."

"huh? yeah, yeah, i'm fine." mike responded.

"you don't look fine, c'mere, let's talk in private let's go to one of the bathroom stalls."

"okay?" mike questioned, following lucas into the school restroom.

"what is wrong with you, you were out of it yesterday, then didn't come to hang out, now today you look like you're on the brink of crying and you've been super quiet. did something happen?" lucas is worried.

"i can't talk about it, okay? you wouldn't understand, you probably won't want to be my friend if i told you." mike is getting anxious.

it's not unusual for his friends to see him anxious. they know he has anxiety but it seems to get worse even with him going to therapy and taking meds (spoiler alert, he stopped both of them).